5,594,221 Members 45,395 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root Official Android 4.3 [Help]

Tip us?
 
droidhd
Old
#41  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 173
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ljubljana/London

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by armutyus View Post
Will this method delete my data(internal sd, apps & settings of course)? Or keep?

Sony Xperia Z & Tapatalk 2
You have both options. Check out the downgrade with flashtool tutorial. My opinion is to wipe all info. But again there is a solution. If you keep your sms and mms, use some backup/restore software (there are alot of them on play). Then there are images/videos, simply backup complete folder to external sd card or to PC. It tooks me around 3 hours to backup, downgrade, root, upgrade, restore and setup everything. I have around 15.000 sms/mms, 5GB of pictures/videos
Sony Xperia Z (stock, bootloader locked, not rooted; at the moment)
The Following User Says Thank You to droidhd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
armutyus
Old
#42  
armutyus's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 171
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidhd View Post
You have both options. Check out the downgrade with flashtool tutorial. My opinion is to wipe all info. But again there is a solution. If you keep your sms and mms, use some backup/restore software (there are alot of them on play). Then there are images/videos, simply backup complete folder to external sd card or to PC. It tooks me around 3 hours to backup, downgrade, root, upgrade, restore and setup everything. I have around 15.000 sms/mms, 5GB of pictures/videos
I don't care sms/mms and images/videos already in sd card. I mean if i did this method will i lost my apps & settings? Will i need to download my apps again? Will i need to change some home screen settings or something like that?

Sony Xperia Z & Tapatalk 2
 
akisg
Old
#43  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 50
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by armutyus View Post
I don't care sms/mms and images/videos already in sd card. I mean if i did this method will i lost my apps & settings? Will i need to download my apps again? Will i need to change some home screen settings or something like that?

Sony Xperia Z & Tapatalk 2
If you don't check wipe data on flashtool you will not.
The Following User Says Thank You to akisg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kingvortex
Old
#44  
kingvortex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1434
Posts: 2,223
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nottingham
Be careful. Sometimes you will get a bootloop if you downgrade to an earlier firmware version without wiping.
Backup your apps and data before trying it.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rxmann
Old
#45  
rxmann's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 25
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: los angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by akisg View Post
why not? it's not a big deal to downgrade and root...less than 10min process
then you flash 4.3 and you are ready
Don't feel like going through all the hassle of backing up apps, sms,media then re installing. I have the feeling kitkat will be available soon.
Sony Xperia Ion LT28at Rooted
 
SXZdabbler
Old
#46  
SXZdabbler's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 27
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmann View Post
Don't feel like going through all the hassle of backing up apps, sms,media then re installing. I have the feeling kitkat will be available soon.
I don't think the Xperia Z will ever get 4.4
 
kingvortex
Old
#47  
kingvortex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1434
Posts: 2,223
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nottingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXZdabbler View Post
I don't think the Xperia Z will ever get 4.4
What are you talking about? The Z is definitely getting 4.4. Sony confirmed it months ago.

 
timespace7
Old
#48  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: Oct 2012
Any root without unlock bootloader?
 
kingvortex
Old
#49  
kingvortex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1434
Posts: 2,223
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nottingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by timespace7 View Post
Any root without unlock bootloader?
No.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes