root related

OP Mr..X

11th April 2014, 08:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag delhi
Thanks Meter: 38

128 posts
More
hi there i was thinking of rooting my z...so i just thought that to flash India Stock .434 via androxyde flashtool then root via doomlords [Z/ZR][ROOT] DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit (v17) {perf_event exploit}[20130717] and then backup my ta partion by androxyde flashtool...and now i am thinking that should i update via ota update or via flash,as i would already have backup of my ta when i flash to 4.3 and then i can unlock then root and relock the bootloader...
also i have some doubts..
1.when i backup my ta does it change after flashing 4.3 stock rom or any other rom after unlocked bootloader...
2.will i be able to retain root after ota update...
3.does sony has a track that i have unlocked my bootloader(you don't need to answer if you don't have any clue,this makes discussion more confusing)

sorry if i have wasted another thread for it... there is some doubts which i was not able to spot in these threads...

thanks...
7th June 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag delhi
Thanks Meter: 38

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr..X

hi there i was thinking of rooting my z...so i just thought that to flash India Stock .434 via androxyde flashtool then root via doomlords [Z/ZR][ROOT] DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit (v17) {perf_event exploit}[20130717] and then backup my ta partion by androxyde flashtool...and now i am thinking that should i update via ota update or via flash,as i would already have backup of my ta when i flash to 4.3 and then i can unlock then root and relock the bootloader...
also i have some doubts..
1.when i backup my ta does it change after flashing 4.3 stock rom or any other rom after unlocked bootloader...
2.will i be able to retain root after ota update...
3.does sony has a track that i have unlocked my bootloader(you don't need to answer if you don't have any clue,this makes discussion more confusing)

sorry if i have wasted another thread for it... there is some doubts which i was not able to spot in these threads...

thanks...

got answer of 1 and 2.
1.no,ta backup remains same after update, you can restore ta on whichever firmware you are
2.not everytime but there are apps like otarootkeeper that try to keep root after ota...
Last edited by Mr..X; 7th June 2014 at 03:02 PM. Reason: syntax error english
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root
Previous Thread Next Thread