FORUMS

NVIDIA Launches SHIELD Android TV at Google I/O

Since Android TV was announced at Google I/O 2014, there has been very little activity … more

Devs Beware – Automatic Backup Privacy Risks

One new feature of “Android M” (speculation on potential names welcomed … more

Android M to Bring New App Drawer

It has now been seen that Android M will receive a new app drawer as part of the stock … more

Which IO Announcement Are You Most Excited About?

The keynote we had all been waiting for has just ended and it’s time to enjoy … more

Root status Bootloader unclock: No

Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Proneous, Junior Member on 15th April 2014, 12:27 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello friends,

This is a rather stupid question, I know, but I SCOURED the posts about this topic, and my phone is already SIM free [paid], yet bootloader is unlockable even by unofficial FlashMode, I read somewhere this can be fixed but it's not very specific how to.

Frankly, I dont even care for bootloader, All I want is to flash to ParanoidAndroid and have the phone rooted, But for that I need CWM from what I gathered, and so - I need root - And I can't get freaking root on my 4.3 official ROM [this phone is 6616 by the way).

I will consider giving donation to the fellow who finds me an proper solution! [if he/she accepts such]
 
 
15th April 2014, 12:48 AM |#2  
kingvortex's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,523
 
More
You cannot run PA on a locked bootloader. PA (or any other non-stock based custom rom such as CM, AOSP, AOKP etc) requires a custom kernel. A custom kernel will not run on a locked bootloader.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
28th May 2014, 10:29 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
im still wondering, now after the 4.4.2 update, if there are any ways to easily root this phone in its current bootloader status. i understand that custom roms are not [which is plain stupid sony!!!] but it'd be nice to even have just root

thanks friends

prone
29th May 2014, 04:29 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Easiest way to get rooted on 4.4.2 on a locked bootloader is to roll back to 4.2.2, root 4.2.2, install a recovery manger such as XZR then flash the ROM, connect to a computer and use flash tool to flash the kernel. Boot and have fun!

Sent from my C6606 on 4.4.2 KitKat
29th May 2014, 10:15 PM |#5  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 272
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proneous

im still wondering, now after the 4.4.2 update, if there are any ways to easily root this phone in its current bootloader status. i understand that custom roms are not [which is plain stupid sony!!!] but it'd be nice to even have just root

thanks friends

prone

http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
29th May 2014, 10:19 PM |#6  
kingvortex's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,523
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1

http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

He has a C6616, which has a permanently locked bootloader. It cannot be unlocked with that or any other method.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
29th May 2014, 10:29 PM |#7  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 272
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

He has a C6616, which has a permanently locked bootloader. It cannot be unlocked with that or any other method.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks kingvortex missed out on the model no
30th May 2014, 12:32 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhurst

Easiest way to get rooted on 4.4.2 on a locked bootloader is to roll back to 4.2.2, root 4.2.2, install a recovery manger such as XZR then flash the ROM, connect to a computer and use flash tool to flash the kernel. Boot and have fun!

Sent from my C6606 on 4.4.2 KitKat

seems simple, where can I find detailed guide how to? if no such guide available, can you link me to the several guides needed neccesary to do this?
Last edited by Proneous; 30th May 2014 at 12:38 AM.
30th May 2014, 10:30 PM |#9  
Dhickory's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Post #10 may help you out, you can ignore the other stuff about t-mobile. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51210070

Sent from my mobile
Last edited by Dhickory; 30th May 2014 at 10:34 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes