Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Small But Eternal: HTC Explorer Receives Unofficial CM12

When HTC officially announced the HTC Explorer, they most likely weren’t … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Should i Root the Z ? Battery does not last

OP xx_Niresh_xx

24th July 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #1  
xx_Niresh_xx's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Hagen
Thanks Meter: 12
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Hello Guys, I bought yesterday the XZ Brand New in package by the German Telecom,I dont mind if it is old or not I like it,i Updated my firmware from 4.1.2 to 4.,2.2 to 4.3.3 and then Finally to 4.4.2 kitkat :$ Now i heard some users have Problems With Battery Drain i dont have this problem coz i have Google Play Services version 5 ^^ , now because i dont know how much the battery lasts on the phone coz i updatet on the same day from 4.1 to 4.4 in few hours ... what do you say,should i root my Xperia Z ? does i lose the warranty and do i get it back when i delte the Root ?

How much lasts your battery ? with Daily usage : camera,facebook,wifi,games and so coz i Really use the phone and my battery does not last so much ,hmm i had before the Xperia U and S the battery lasted one day and more with this usage,is it normal that my battery lasts 7 hours when i use my phone like i listed ? games camera etc ?

and can you guys give me some tipps to use the phone and calibrate the battery?
24th July 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #2  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 261
 
829 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx_Niresh_xx

Hello Guys, I bought yesterday the XZ Brand New in package by the German Telecom,I dont mind if it is old or not I like it,i Updated my firmware from 4.1.2 to 4.,2.2 to 4.3.3 and then Finally to 4.4.2 kitkat :$ Now i heard some users have Problems With Battery Drain i dont have this problem coz i have Google Play Services version 5 ^^ , now because i dont know how much the battery lasts on the phone coz i updatet on the same day from 4.1 to 4.4 in few hours ... what do you say,should i root my Xperia Z ? does i lose the warranty and do i get it back when i delte the Root ?

How much lasts your battery ? with Daily usage : camera,facebook,wifi,games and so coz i Really use the phone and my battery does not last so much ,hmm i had before the Xperia U and S the battery lasted one day and more with this usage,is it normal that my battery lasts 7 hours when i use my phone like i listed ? games camera etc ?

and can you guys give me some tipps to use the phone and calibrate the battery?

7 hrs with screen on is not bad.
you can root the phone and can safely unroot it.it wont void the warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to androidtweaker1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #3  
xx_Niresh_xx's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Hagen
Thanks Meter: 12
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1

7 hrs with screen on is not bad.
you can root the phone and can safely unroot it.it wont void the warranty.

How much is your Battery lasting ? and yes how do you rooted your Z ? with a tool or the Manual way ^^ ? and yes you have got a thanks
25th July 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #4  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 261
 
829 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx_Niresh_xx

How much is your Battery lasting ? and yes how do you rooted your Z ? with a tool or the Manual way ^^ ? and yes you have got a thanks

You can root it easily by using towelroot
I get around 8 hrs screen on time.
I used the manual way because towelroot was not available at that time
25th July 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 121
 
872 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1

You can root it easily by using towelroot
I get around 8 hrs screen on time.
I used the manual way because towelroot was not available at that time

How did you get 8 hours of screen on? My z can barely reach 5 1/2 sot.
25th July 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #6  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 261
 
829 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoe23

How did you get 8 hours of screen on? My z can barely reach 5 1/2 sot.

i have underclocked my processor a bit so processor consumes less power
26th July 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #7  
xx_Niresh_xx's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Hagen
Thanks Meter: 12
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1

i have underclocked my processor a bit so processor consumes less power

With SetCPU for Root user or with what tool ?
26th July 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #8  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 261
 
829 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx_Niresh_xx

With SetCPU for Root user or with what tool ?

Nofrills CPU control

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes