[Q] Xperia Z: Serious WiFi/Bluetooth Clashing & Crashing Issue
I'm having zero issues with WiFi when using it on it's own, however, when using WiFi & Bluetooth at the same time, I'm having major problems.
I've contacted Sony, who suggested a software repair using PC Companion. I did this and the issues were resolved in the short term, but they've come back pretty hard.
So, this morning, I gone done a bit of a stress test on this, and here you go;
* Time is 12:27pm
* Battery on 62%
* WiFi has been on since 10am, for 2 and a half hours, and has NOT disconnected once.
* I've just turned on Bluetooth.
* Smart Connect starts up, connects to MBS-100, starts playing.
* Now, I will commence browsing.
* Time is 12:31 - 61% - Bluetooth disconnects.
* Time is 12:32 - Bluetooth reconnects, walkman continues playback.
* WiFi adapter active, however I have zero internet connection.
It took 4 minutes to disconnect...
* Time is 12:34 - Bluetooth still turned on and media player playing over MBS-100.
* Battery is 60%
* Turned off the WiFi adapter (as it is still on, despite no connection).
* Turned WiFi on again.
* Internet connects, browsing commences.
* Time is 12:38 - 59% - Bluetooth disconnects.
* Bluetooth reconnects - Walkman continues playing.
* WiFi adapter still active - NO CONNECTION.
It took 4 minutes that time again!!! And now I will repeat this one final time;
* Time is 12:40 - turning WiFi off... Turning it back on now...
* Open browser. Start to browse.
* Checking out Kotaku, Gizmodo, Engadget, Techcrunch, Xperia Blog and one or two other bookmarked mobile websites...
* 12:48 - starting to experience issues loading pages, some are loading very slowly...
* 12:51 - Pages not loading, Bluetooth disconnects. Bluetooth reconnects, music continues playing.
* 12:52 - WiFi adapter still turned on - NO CONNECTION. 'Web Page Not Available'.
Took 11 minutes this time.
WiFi settings says my router/network has been 'Saved, secured.' But has disconnected, when I tap on it it asks me if I want to Cancel, Forget or Connect. Tapping 'Connect' does nothing.
So I'm losing connection to my router/network every couple of minutes (4 mins, 11 mins, 20 mins...) while Bluetooth & Walkman are playing, and it will not reconnect. Can only be reconnected manually by disabling the adaptor and turning it back on.
Any feedback would be great... If it's a matter of changing things in my settings... I notice an Auto IP support opyion which 'Assigns Auto IP address if DHCP fails' (currently unchecked) which I haven't turned on, as I have no idea what it does... During these tests, Location based Wi-Fi is turned off, location services were turned on. I had the issues previously with location services turned off, so it's not this.
Appreciate any comments!