Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,920 Members 43,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting Xperia Z (C6602) 10.4.1.B.0.101 ?

Tip us?
 
arckiller
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSquare View Post
How did you downgrade?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Used the Flashtool to downgrade. I was on 4.3 .569 firmware then simply flashed .67 firmware using flashtool. No luck
 
LiveSquare
Old
#12  
LiveSquare's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 329
Posts: 1,556
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by arckiller View Post
Used the Flashtool to downgrade. I was on 4.3 .569 firmware then simply flashed .67 firmware using flashtool. No luck
Did you choose to wipe data? Its important to do that since you are downgrading from higher Android version.

Try a different region just to ensure that there is no issues with the FTF. Make sure the MD5 is the same after you download.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Did someone help you? Click on the THANKS button.

Don't look like a SILLY BILLY



Current: Sony Xperia Z2 | Android v4.4.2 | All Stock.
Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Android v4.4.2 | All Stock.
Backup: Sony Xperia Z | Android v4.4.2 | All Stock.
Still have: Sony Xperia S | Android v4.1.2 | All Stock.
Gifted: Xperia Arc | Android 4.0.4 | All Stock.
Previous: Xperia X10i | Sold.
 
ahassouna
Old
#13  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 642
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by arckiller View Post
@ ahassouna, How did you manage to downgrade? I tried to flash .67 from the flashtool and then my phone just keeps restarting. I did wipe the apps log, cache & data. Still no luck. Could you let me know any other way how you could achieve this?
Ok sorry guys didnt reply earlier.
Here is what i did
1- upgraded to 101
2- used flash tool and flashed the .67 stock on a clean stock 101 with wiped data...etc.
3- rooted and installed cwm dual recovery and booted device
4- flashed exsitenz v6 and its important not to boot rom just shut down from recovery
5- while shut down, flash the 101 kernel (stock kernel as am on LB) then boot.

Evweything is working great now.



Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ahassouna For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ahassouna
Old
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 642
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSquare View Post
How did you downgrade?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
See above post

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
jerryhou85
Old
#15  
jerryhou85's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 388
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Shenyang

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahassouna View Post
Ok sorry guys didnt reply earlier.
Here is what i did
1- upgraded to 101
2- used flash tool and flashed the .67 stock on a clean stock 101 with wiped data...etc.
3- rooted and installed cwm dual recovery and booted device
4- flashed exsitenz v6 and its important not to boot rom just shut down from recovery
5- while shut down, flash the 101 kernel (stock kernel as am on LB) then boot.

Evweything is working great now.



Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You have a unlocked bootloader, right?
HTC Touch Pro 2 T7373
HTC HD2 T8585
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G P75003G
Samsung Galaxy SII i9100 -- Give to Dad
SONY Xperia Z C6603
 
ahassouna
Old
#16  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 642
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryhou85 View Post
You have a unlocked bootloader, right?
No am on locked bootloader

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Nabster05
Old
#17  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 50
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kochi
christ !!.. where can i get a detailed step by step for this ?.. the stock bloatware is killing me especially sony live !!
 
xanomic
Old
(Last edited by xanomic; 25th February 2014 at 03:32 PM.)
#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2013
i also need step by step and easy guide for this. I bought my phone 2 days ago and updated to 10.4.1.B.0.101 without checking xda forums, now i am in deep trouble.
 
kingvortex
Old
(Last edited by kingvortex; 25th February 2014 at 04:45 PM.)
#19  
kingvortex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1913
Posts: 2,897
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nottingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabster05 View Post
christ !!.. where can i get a detailed step by step for this ?.. the stock bloatware is killing me especially sony live !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanomic View Post
i also need step by step and easy guide for this. I bought my phone 2 days ago and updated to 10.4.1.B.0.101 without checking xda forums, now i am in deep trouble.
You could have easily found the answer for yourself if you searched before posting - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2656698

Forum rules.



The Following User Says Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jneka
Old
#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Valencia
Default i downgrade with flashtool

dudes, I did the downgrade (4.3 > 4.2) using flashtool, you have to find&download C6602_10.3.1.A.2.67_India Generic.ftf, and it's done...

btw you can root 4.2.2 using kingo andorid root, with lb, and later wait for ota (twice, until .101), it's pretty easy but you need some patience

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes