FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Screen protectors

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By AwesomeAHlee, Senior Member on 10th February 2013, 02:30 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hi guys, what screen protectors do you use? i just bought the sgp ultra crystal is it any good?

10th February 2013, 06:53 AM |#2  
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 391

Donate to Me
More
I've always used Brando - but recently i got SafeScreen which is half the price - and i haven't noticed any differences between them. Never tried SGP though. For Xperia Z i'll probably use the one that Sony bundled with the phone - or whichever brand releases one for both front and back of the phone.
10th February 2013, 12:25 PM |#3  
Flag West Midlands
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I was thinking this too - the Xperia Z, like other Xperias, ships with a pre-fitted screen protector. I'd like one for the back too though, to keep it looking pristine.
10th February 2013, 01:00 PM |#4  
Flag Basingstoke

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul

I was thinking this too - the Xperia Z, like other Xperias, ships with a pre-fitted screen protector. I'd like one for the back too though, to keep it looking pristine.

It has this pre-fitted protector on both front and back. There's additional screen protector bundled in the box so you can apply it on the screen to keep it double-protected, from shattering and scratches.
10th February 2013, 01:14 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
R: Screen protectors
So does xz need another display shield? Isn't enough the one it has from sony?

------------------------
Nexus 7 3G - Tapatalk 2
10th February 2013, 01:52 PM |#6  
Flag Basingstoke

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100

So does xz need another display shield? Isn't enough the one it has from sony?

------------------------
Nexus 7 3G - Tapatalk 2

The one applied by Sony is supposed to protect your device from shattering if you happen to break the display. It holds pieces of broken glass togethes. But it is a plastic screen protector - so it will get scratched after a while, so you can either apply a second more scratch-resistant one ( recommended by Sony as it gives you both type of protection ) on top of it - or use the phone as is, and just remove the pre-fitted one should it get scratched badly and replace it with a new one.
10th February 2013, 04:36 PM |#7  
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 243

More
I didn't know the phone came bundled with a screen protector, i've just ordered myself a cheapo hybrid hardcase from the Bay, comes with a screen protector as well, so i should be well covered in any eventuality.

I still have a pack of Crystalusion Liquid Glass protector that i haven't had the bottle to try out on my One X yet.
11th February 2013, 02:08 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
R: Screen protectors
It would be very nice if Sony could sell only its original screen shields to replace the scratched one

------------------------
Nexus 7 3G - Tapatalk 2
11th February 2013, 03:17 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Re: Screen protectors
Are there waterproof screen protectors? Quite apprehensive of getting one and ending up removing it due to washing the Z, etc

Sent from my N7100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to rickO For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 03:51 PM |#10  
Flag Bournemouth
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Back protection?
Does the XZ come with anything on the back? If not, then does anyone know where I could get a rear protector, not a case or anything as I'll be using the dock, and can't find anything on Amazon.
Thanks in advance
16th February 2013, 08:28 AM |#11  
Flag Basingstoke

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100

It would be very nice if Sony could sell only its original screen shields to replace the scratched one

------------------------
Nexus 7 3G - Tapatalk 2

That might be impossible since they're most likely applied using high temperature - like car's windshield.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread