FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

Screen protectors

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By AwesomeAHlee, Senior Member on 10th February 2013, 02:30 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th February 2013, 08:28 AM |#11  
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 391

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100

It would be very nice if Sony could sell only its original screen shields to replace the scratched one

------------------------
Nexus 7 3G - Tapatalk 2

That might be impossible since they're most likely applied using high temperature - like car's windshield.

16th February 2013, 09:10 PM |#12  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDroid8

Does the XZ come with anything on the back? If not, then does anyone know where I could get a rear protector, not a case or anything as I'll be using the dock, and can't find anything on Amazon.
Thanks in advance

see this back protector http://www.nillkin.com/english/prosh...id=3089&page=1
The Following User Says Thank You to redandwhitearmy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 03:46 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
i think i am going with the front and back protector

Full Body XtremeGuard

looks like it will do what i want it to do
The Following User Says Thank You to djq For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 01:49 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
its very good , i have one either
17th February 2013, 02:00 PM |#15  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunr1se

its very good , i have one either

do use the xtreme guard
i have ordered it already!
how is the quality?
thanks!
17th February 2013, 02:22 PM |#16  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Re: Screen protectors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiainavas

The one applied by Sony is supposed to protect your device from shattering if you happen to break the display. It holds pieces of broken glass togethes. But it is a plastic screen protector - so it will get scratched after a while, so you can either apply a second more scratch-resistant one ( recommended by Sony as it gives you both type of protection ) on top of it - or use the phone as is, and just remove the pre-fitted one should it get scratched badly and replace it with a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100

It would be very nice if Sony could sell only its original screen shields to replace the scratched one

------------------------
Nexus 7 3G - Tapatalk 2

I read on one of the reviews that the anti-shatter screen protector which is already fitted is near enough impossible to remove, plus if you do manage to get it off then so does the Sony badge :-\
So I won't be removing mine but will probably buy a Zagg HD screen protector, had one on my S3 and it was soo much better than the standard one they do!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 07:10 PM |#17  
Flag Basingstoke

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1103

I read on one of the reviews that the anti-shatter screen protector which is already fitted is near enough impossible to remove, plus if you do manage to get it off then so does the Sony badge :-\

That was true for CES demo units - they printed Sony logo on the film and not on the glass. In retail units, Sony / Xperia logos are below the glass so removing the film will not take them away.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akiainavas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 07:43 PM |#18  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Re: Screen protectors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiainavas

That was true for CES demo units - they printed Sony logo on the film and not on the glass. In retail units, Sony / Xperia logos are below the glass so removing the film will not take them away.

Oh ok, though the Spanish review I read last week had a retail version and in there it stated that, can you provide information on where you got your info from pls?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
18th February 2013, 06:36 PM |#19  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I heard that sony applies screen protectors to their phones. Does anyone know if the xperia Z will ship with a pre-applied front and back protector?

If so, what would be the need to put on a third party screen protector?

I pre-ordered from handtech.uk to New York ... well lets hoping it will have the protectors already on by Sony.
19th February 2013, 07:59 AM |#20  
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Safesearch is a great screen protector. It's not very sensitive nor lessens the sensitivity
19th February 2013, 09:03 AM |#21  
Flag Basingstoke

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagiratha

I heard that sony applies screen protectors to their phones. Does anyone know if the xperia Z will ship with a pre-applied front and back protector?

If so, what would be the need to put on a third party screen protector?

I pre-ordered from handtech.uk to New York ... well lets hoping it will have the protectors already on by Sony.

It's been said before. Sony applies anti-shatter film on both front and back of Xperia Z. It helps the device survive fall damage ( look up youtube videos, it really does work ) but it's not scratch-proof, so Sony bundles another screen-protector which you can apply on top of anti-shatter film to prevent scratches to the film itself. You can apply it on top of anti-shatter film without worsening screen quality or responsiveness.

Now, you can remove the anti-shatter film pretty easily, and the glass beneath it is as scratch resistant as Gorilla Glass 2 etc. ( tested by Erica ) and it is still shatter resistant because the glass is tempered, but the film applied by Sony strenghtens the device so ideally it shouldn't be removed.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread