Screen protectors

Tip us?

Akiainavas
Old
Thanks Meter 350

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100 View Post
It would be very nice if Sony could sell only its original screen shields to replace the scratched one

------------------------
Nexus 7 3G - Tapatalk 2
That might be impossible since they're most likely applied using high temperature - like car's windshield.

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

nikhiltanwar
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDroid8 View Post
Does the XZ come with anything on the back? If not, then does anyone know where I could get a rear protector, not a case or anything as I'll be using the dock, and can't find anything on Amazon.
Thanks in advance
see this back protector http://www.nillkin.com/english/prosh...id=3089&page=1

Tablet - HTC Flyer
Current Phone - Nexus 4

The Following User Says Thank You to nikhiltanwar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djq
Old
Thanks Meter 80
i think i am going with the front and back protector

Full Body XtremeGuard

looks like it will do what i want it to do
The Following User Says Thank You to djq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sunr1se
Old
Thanks Meter 0
its very good , i have one either

Aka91
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunr1se View Post
its very good , i have one either
do use the xtreme guard
i have ordered it already!
how is the quality?
thanks!
Xperia™ Z

maverick1103
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Default Re: Screen protectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiainavas View Post
The one applied by Sony is supposed to protect your device from shattering if you happen to break the display. It holds pieces of broken glass togethes. But it is a plastic screen protector - so it will get scratched after a while, so you can either apply a second more scratch-resistant one ( recommended by Sony as it gives you both type of protection ) on top of it - or use the phone as is, and just remove the pre-fitted one should it get scratched badly and replace it with a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100 View Post
It would be very nice if Sony could sell only its original screen shields to replace the scratched one

------------------------
Nexus 7 3G - Tapatalk 2
I read on one of the reviews that the anti-shatter screen protector which is already fitted is near enough impossible to remove, plus if you do manage to get it off then so does the Sony badge :-\
So I won't be removing mine but will probably buy a Zagg HD screen protector, had one on my S3 and it was soo much better than the standard one they do!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Current phone....

HTC One M8, Gunmetal Grey

Current tablet

Nexus 7 (2013)

Previously owned...

Samsung Note 3, Sony Xperia Z1, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z White, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Grey (N7100), Samsung Galaxy S3 Blue (i9300), HTC One X White, HTC Desire HD, Nokia Lumia 800, Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9200), iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G.

Akiainavas
Old
Thanks Meter 350

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1103 View Post
I read on one of the reviews that the anti-shatter screen protector which is already fitted is near enough impossible to remove, plus if you do manage to get it off then so does the Sony badge :-\
That was true for CES demo units - they printed Sony logo on the film and not on the glass. In retail units, Sony / Xperia logos are below the glass so removing the film will not take them away.

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akiainavas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maverick1103
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Default Re: Screen protectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiainavas View Post
That was true for CES demo units - they printed Sony logo on the film and not on the glass. In retail units, Sony / Xperia logos are below the glass so removing the film will not take them away.
Oh ok, though the Spanish review I read last week had a retail version and in there it stated that, can you provide information on where you got your info from pls?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Current phone....

HTC One M8, Gunmetal Grey

Current tablet

Nexus 7 (2013)

Previously owned...

Samsung Note 3, Sony Xperia Z1, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z White, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Grey (N7100), Samsung Galaxy S3 Blue (i9300), HTC One X White, HTC Desire HD, Nokia Lumia 800, Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9200), iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G.

bhagiratha
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I heard that sony applies screen protectors to their phones. Does anyone know if the xperia Z will ship with a pre-applied front and back protector?

If so, what would be the need to put on a third party screen protector?

I pre-ordered from handtech.uk to New York ... well lets hoping it will have the protectors already on by Sony.
Xperia Z1_C6906 [Black]
Stock ROM

Carrier: Straight Talk

http://inselfyoga.com/members/home

Code:
<iframe src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=2B11066D8713CF4B&resid=2B11066D8713CF4B%212217&authkey=AJ3ksXwEnS10e8Y" width="300" height="84" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

jameski182
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Safesearch is a great screen protector. It's not very sensitive nor lessens the sensitivity