Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,552 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen won't turn on

Tip us?

p3pe92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Screen won't turn on

Hi everyone.
First i tell a story about my Xperia Z. I don't remember how, but when i was drunk my phone fell on hard ground (i wanted to take snapchat), after i picked up the phone from the ground i saw black screen (backlight worked) LCD non cracked! Only back glass of the phone was cracked btw touch worked too, i hear vibrate when i unlolcked phone. When i go to bed i connected my phone to charger (red light). At the morning i woke up and my xperia was dead. When i wanted turned it on, 3x RED LIGHT (flash mode, fastboot working i flashed new rom by flashtool, after that i turned phone on (vibrate) but nothing after that. black screen, no backlight. I dissembly my xperia, everythink looks good, but lcd flex is little cracked.. so little. On the flex of LCD is vibrate connector but vibrate is working! ;/ Any Ideas? screen replacement??.. or maybe other reason.

neoxx3m
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 959

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3pe92 View Post
Hi everyone.
First i tell a story about my Xperia Z. I don't remember how, but when i was drunk my phone fell on hard ground (i wanted to take snapchat), after i picked up the phone from the ground i saw black screen (backlight worked) LCD non cracked! Only back glass of the phone was cracked btw touch worked too, i hear vibrate when i unlolcked phone. When i go to bed i connected my phone to charger (red light). At the morning i woke up and my xperia was dead. When i wanted turned it on, 3x RED LIGHT (flash mode, fastboot working i flashed new rom by flashtool, after that i turned phone on (vibrate) but nothing after that. black screen, no backlight. I dissembly my xperia, everythink looks good, but lcd flex is little cracked.. so little. On the flex of LCD is vibrate connector but vibrate is working! ;/ Any Ideas? screen replacement??.. or maybe other reason.
Unfortunately screen replacement. :/
Current devices: Sony Xperia Z on stock KK 4.4.2 UB
Windows devices that I used: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC 8S
Android devices that I used: HTC Hero, HTC Tattoo, HTC Buzz/Wildfire, SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro, SE Xperia X10i,
Sony Xperia P, SE Xperia Mini Pro, Motorola Atrix, HTC Sensation, Sony Xperia S, HTC Desire S, Sony Xperia Z1

If you want to give a donation, please visit SmallHomeAfrica and buy their bracelets to give them friend donation and help them in their work.
The Following User Says Thank You to neoxx3m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sophia Zhao
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3pe92 View Post
Hi everyone.
yeah, if you connect the flex very well but the screen didn't work, you should do replacement.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sophia Zhao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]