Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 41,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia Z wont stop vibrating

Tip us?

aldusxp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Xperia Z wont stop vibrating

My Xperia Z started to act weird from two days ago, when it started to vibrate during all the time.
I restarted the phone,discharged the battery and recharged it again but it does not help me at all. It keeps vibrating even when the phone is turned off and it seems that it will never stop.
Did you guys had any similar issue?
Plzzz somebody help me

Ciapa1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Did you tried a hard reset?(hold power and Vol Up at least 15 seconds)
And if i understand right, it vibrates too if you shut it down, or only from boot on?

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

aldusxp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciapa1 View Post
Did you tried a hard reset?(hold power and Vol Up at least 15 seconds)
And if i understand right, it vibrates too if you shut it down, or only from boot on?

Yes,I've tried the hard reset as well but it does not work.
It keeps vibrating even when the phone is turned off ,until the battery dies.

Thanks.

~iPod~nano~
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldusxp View Post
My Xperia Z started to act weird from two days ago, when it started to vibrate during all the time.
I restarted the phone,discharged the battery and recharged it again but it does not help me at all. It keeps vibrating even when the phone is turned off and it seems that it will never stop.
Did you guys had any similar issue?
Plzzz somebody help me
what did you do before?

Immerse in water?
Nokia 5200 > SE K810i > SE G900 > [BB 8900(RIP) + SE Aino U10i] > [Xperia Arc LT15i + BB 9800] > [Xperia Z]
XPERIA Z - stock fw .569

Blackberry - Apple are fruits
XPERIA is a smartphone

Please press "Thanks" button if you find someone post useful [ 1 thank makes someone motivated ]

aldusxp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~iPod~nano~ View Post
what did you do before?

Immerse in water?
No,not immersed in water.
I now that it seems crazy but the problem started in my pocket when the phone was together with my bio-metric passport for a couple of hours. Maybe it s caused from the chip of the passport?!

I want to share another fact with you:
Always before having this issue when I was pressing the phone from both sides with two fingers close to the menu button it starts vibrating but stops immediately after releasing it. I don't know if it happens to all Xperia Z mobile phones.

Thanks

Ciapa1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I now that it seems crazy but the problem started in my pocket when the phone was together with my bio-metric passport for a couple of hours. Maybe it s caused from the chip of the passport?!

Always before having this issue when I was pressing the phone from both sides with two fingers close to the menu button it starts vibrating but stops immediately after releasing it. I don't know if it happens to all Xperia Z mobile phones.

Thanks
Doesn't happen on mine.
Maybe you should Send it to a Service Center or go to the shop where you bought it and ask for warranty. Did you Already tried to re-flash Stock Rom using FT?
Try flashing an old 4.1.1 one, it could be the NFC sensor. The downgrade will Also downgrade the NFC software. It may help.
If I should upload mine 4.1.1. ftf, just ask.

aldusxp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciapa1 View Post
Doesn't happen on mine.
Maybe you should Send it to a Service Center or go to the shop where you bought it and ask for warranty. Did you Already tried to re-flash Stock Rom using FT?
Try flashing an old 4.1.1 one, it could be the NFC sensor. The downgrade will Also downgrade the NFC software. It may help.
If I should upload mine 4.1.1. ftf, just ask.

No,I didn't tried reflashing.
I'm getting in touch with the shop because it is still under warranty.
Thanks for your help.

~iPod~nano~
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks
no, NFC does not interact with vibrator motor. That two devices is so separated

Sony must replace your phone in any reason. That's definitely sony fault.
Nokia 5200 > SE K810i > SE G900 > [BB 8900(RIP) + SE Aino U10i] > [Xperia Arc LT15i + BB 9800] > [Xperia Z]
XPERIA Z - stock fw .569

Blackberry - Apple are fruits
XPERIA is a smartphone

Please press "Thanks" button if you find someone post useful [ 1 thank makes someone motivated ]

Fid-Oo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just had the same problem, My sony Z is a repaired one just over a month old. It is Always in a Leather Case. Just 15 min ago the Phone just started vibrating (thought it was a call) non stop. Turned the Phone off but didn't stop. Turned it on again but nothing changed.
meanwhile searched the web for solutions, only thing i could find that it was hardware related.

Since the Phone is little to big for my pocket i thought it could be from flexing the Phone or something like that. So i put it back in it's case, and put it flat on my hand and gave it a firm tap on the back with my other hand. The 2nd try was succesfull and the Phone stopped vibrating.
Checked if normal vibration still works and found no problems.

My experience with the latest Phones is getting worse with every model they (HTC / Sony) release. Feels like the phones suffer more and more from stupid (hardware) problems. Looks like the Urge of releasing a new model every half year is showing its flaws...