FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[Q] SD card become read only

44 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
 
By smallchi, Member on 24th April 2014, 01:50 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am using Samsung 64G with FAT32 formatting, it's very normal before. But I found it will become read only mode now and need to reboot mobile everytime. Unfortunately, same problem occur again after few days and need to reboot again.
I just wondering it's device or SD card issue? Thanks!
 
 
24th April 2014, 02:01 AM |#2  
androidfreak70's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 642
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallchi

I am using Samsung 64G with FAT32 formatting, it's very normal before. But I found it will become read only mode now and need to reboot mobile everytime. Unfortunately, same problem occur again after few days and need to reboot again.
I just wondering it's device or SD card issue? Thanks!

Did you tried that SDcard on another device?
24th April 2014, 02:46 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70

Did you tried that SDcard on another device?

I can use it in computer, and as the problem didn't occur immediately, so it's hard to test with other device.
24th April 2014, 02:54 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I had a similar problem with my SanDisk 64GB. Unfortunately, the thing was borked. I could still read from it, but couldn't write anything to it. These symptoms appeared on both the phone and computers (via SD adapter and via phone's USB).

Just sharing my experience.
24th April 2014, 03:01 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0oskk

I had a similar problem with my SanDisk 64GB. Unfortunately, the thing was borked. I could still read from it, but couldn't write anything to it. These symptoms appeared on both the phone and computers (via SD adapter and via phone's USB).

Just sharing my experience.

are you able to write after reboot mobile?
24th April 2014, 03:03 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallchi

are you able to write after reboot mobile?

Well, the sd card is long gone now. But no, I wasn't able to. I would be able to move files onto it, via a file browser, but it would disappear on reboot or if I stuck the SD card into a computer. Which meant that nothing was written to the card itself.
24th April 2014, 03:12 AM |#7  
androidfreak70's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 642
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallchi

I can use it in computer, and as the problem didn't occur immediately, so it's hard to test with other device.

i think it's the device issue. because you saying the problem didn"t occur immediately. if the SDcard issue you most see it read only in PC. and whats you android version in your device? if 4.1.2 you most change it to 4.2.2 or 4.3 because 4.1.2 don't support 64GB SDcards
24th April 2014, 03:28 AM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70

i think it's the device issue. because you saying the problem didn"t occur immediately. if the SDcard issue you most see it read only in PC. and whats you android version in your device? if 4.1.2 you most change it to 4.2.2 or 4.3 because 4.1.2 don't support 64GB SDcards

I am using eXistenZ v6.6 which is 4.3 now.
May be I will try to re-format the card and new flash the ROM again.
24th April 2014, 03:39 AM |#9  
androidfreak70's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 642
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallchi

I am using eXistenZ v6.6 which is 4.3 now.
May be I will try to re-format the card and new flash the ROM again.

ok. good luck with it
24th April 2014, 01:04 PM |#10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
After backup the files from SD to hard disk, and format the SD card, it show failed with write protected error. Tried different card reader / adapter also the same!!!
This is second SD card "dead" with my Xperia Z!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes