XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Secret status LED?

Tip us?

dSayonarab
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Secret status LED?

Something I found while flashing some firmware on my C6603. The purple dot in the image is some sort of LED that's visible to my Nexus 7 2013's camera, but invisible to my eyes, and I caught it flashing while TWRP was busy with something. I've never seen it outside of flashing .zips.

No idea what it's for, but maybe somebody here can work out what it's for and whether it does anything useful to us.

Yuga - Sony Xperia Z (LTE) C6603
Razor - ASUS Nexus 7 (2013) K008

defsix
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by dSayonarab View Post
Something I found while flashing some firmware on my C6603. The purple dot in the image is some sort of LED that's visible to my Nexus 7 2013's camera, but invisible to my eyes, and I caught it flashing while TWRP was busy with something. I've never seen it outside of flashing .zips.

No idea what it's for, but maybe somebody here can work out what it's for and whether it does anything useful to us.

Thats your proximity sensor. It's an infrared emitter and detector, invisible to the naked eye. When viewed through another camera it shows up as a light because a camera can see IR light.

Point your camera at the end of your TV remote and press a button on the remote. It will flash.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defsix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]