XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sim stuck in slot!

Tip us?

JamerTheProgrammer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy Sim stuck in slot!

My friend (elderly) gave me her Xperia Z so I could get her sim setup. Because I have been getting over 2 nights up straight, watching my dog (he has neurological issues and I am nursing him currently) I was really tired and accidentally put a micro sim adapter in the sim slot the wrong way up. Its now well and truly stuck in there. It started out being stuck half way (the hole wasnt coliding with the pins though so hopefully they arent damaged? then i pushed it in completely in the hope of maybe hitting an ejecting mechanism, no such luck. Im taking it to a local repair shop. Im really worried (she knows and isnt worried lol) that one of the pins might have been snapped off? I have tried shaking it about and I cant hear any rattling at all (maybe theres not enough room for it to do so even if it was the case) so maybe thats a good start. I did apply a bit of gentle force to pull it out but I didnt feel anything break or hear any snaps.

If I did break a pin, how much do you think it will cost for an independent phone shop to repair it for me? I dont mind paying the fee because its through my negligence.

ooohhaaahh
Old
Thanks Meter 29
probably would be cheaper to buy one used or online

Richy99
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooohhaaahh View Post
probably would be cheaper to buy one used or online
when I had mine I put it in the wong way, got it out using a flat ended knife without any damage to the sim or phone

ooohhaaahh
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy99 View Post
when I had mine I put it in the wong way, got it out using a flat ended knife without any damage to the sim or phone
that was in response for if he damaged the sim slot and going to a shop.

he could probably get it out with an x acto knife, they're pretty thin

JamerTheProgrammer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooohhaaahh View Post
that was in response for if he damaged the sim slot and going to a shop.

he could probably get it out with an x acto knife, they're pretty thin
Managed to get the guy round at the shop to get the back off for me and I have done the rest. I have now cut off the end of the adapter and I can happily report that NONE of the pins are broken! Great news. Now i just need to figure out how to get it out because the rest is still stuck. If I cut the one side more than the other I might be able to rotate it out.

JamerTheProgrammer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2