Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

small advice from Z users !!

Tip us?

yahyanael
Old
(Last edited by yahyanael; 4th May 2014 at 06:41 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy small advice from Z users !!

i have Samsung S3 4G Lte and i want to convert to Xperia Z !! my S3 is very nice, fast and battery friendly.
i like the Z because of its water proof and 13 mp camera.
so can any one please tell me is it worth to change my phone or the z isn't that good ??
i mean is the z deserve to have or it is not that cool as the specs says??
thanks for advice every one

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyanael View Post
i have Samsung S3 4G Lte and i want to convert to Xperia Z !! my S3 is very nice, fast and battery friendly.
i like the Z because of its water proof and 13 mp camera.
so can any one please tell me is it worth to change my phone or the z isn't that good ??
i mean is the z deserve to have or it is not that cool as the specs says??
thanks for advice every one
How much do you want to spent? The XZ is a good phone, but if you're happy with your S3 there's no need to upgrade...
Also the XZ has become old.... if you're able to spend more, take the XZ2
"We're here for a good time, not a long time" - Colin McRae
You can't control the wind, but you can set your sails
The Following User Says Thank You to St.Jimmy90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Laurisss
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The benchmarks say that Z is definetely faster and it is.

luluchambler
Old
(Last edited by luluchambler; 5th May 2014 at 05:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
I had both
And personally i would say i like the XperiaZ a lot better than the SGS3.
The overall-look and feel is just amazing, the SGS3 in comparence felt cheap, and i really really hated the blue-ish screen of the SGS3,
although overall it had better viewing angles than the XperiaZ.

Camera: In dark conditions be it in video or picture-mode, the SGS3 surpasses the XperiaZ, in daylight the Camera of the Xperia-Z is better, except for Macro-Shots, those are better on the SGS3 too.

Sound: The sound that the microphone of the XperiaZ records (videos, telephone) is really crystal-clear compared to the SGS3 one.
The Headset/In-Ears are better on the Sony as usual, but even with other/better (Sennheiser/Audiotechnica/AKG)-Headphones the sound out of the Headphone-Jack of the XperiaZ is better than that of the SGS3
The Buildin-Speakers therefore are better/louder on the SGS3.

If you should purchase the XperiaZ is really up to you, in my location they are actually really cheap to get, so probably yea.
Although the Xperia Z1 Compact might be a better upgrade.
The Z1-Compact has a lot better Battery-Life a better processor and would be overall (in my opinion) the best upgrade, its not as expensive as the Z1/Z2 but on the other hand has superior hardware and battery-life compared to the XperiaZ.

But its really your decision, i can't make a decision for you
Hope it helped.

Akinaro
Old
Thanks Meter 29
as a almost two month user of xperia z I can say one think: Buy it if you gonna use it as a nice looking phone(call, sms, social). For anything else forget about z, why? because of battery. so what if its fast? so what if it can run any game or app, battery on z is just most hilarious joke i've seen for past few years of my phones.

I love my xperia z, its look amazing, its durable, screen is very good and its fast but when you unplug it from charger at 7:00 you gonna need it after... 5h of typical use(LTE internet, NFC, camera). Better buy z1 compact or z2... sad but true, and looking at android 4.4 and how it thread batteries on others phones(not only sony) I think that 4.4 update for z gonna be major flop for battery...

suckscurly
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Try Xperia z and other varians. Its best smartphone in the world (of course for me)

sorry for bad english. i hope you understand what i mean..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for my bad english and if i helped you, please press thanks button