Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Next Sony Flagship Device

OP defsix

21st January 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #11  
alexpraga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
191 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
For me, Z still rules... Z1 is too big!

Sent from my Xperia Z
21st January 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #12  
defsix's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
419 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpraga

For me, Z still rules... Z1 is too big!

Sent from my Xperia Z

Yeah, when I got the Z I said it was big enough. But my Z is not wearing the best, the paint has worn off on the corners. An aluminium bezel would resist this better I think.

Sent from my Brain via my Keyboard on my Xperia Z
21st January 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #13  
defsix's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
419 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97

No. Sirius is just a Z1 refresh. The true next flagship will come later...

But would you call it the 1st half of the year flagship device?

Sent from my Brain via my Keyboard on my Xperia Z
21st January 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
628 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
It does not give any ROI buying the phone now because the S800 finishing its life span in terms of the king of the benchmark. I am waiting for snapdragon 805 that is because it graphics benefit and it would be " future proof" because it is 64 bit. I am pretty sure that Qualcomm is going finishing the support for it because successor of the kitkat would be 64 bit so it will be a good excuse to just abandon devices business is business
21st January 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #15  
Felimenta97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,327
 
7,843 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoplo

It does not give any ROI buying the phone now because the S800 finishing its life span in terms of the king of the benchmark. I am waiting for snapdragon 805 that is because it graphics benefit and it would be " future proof" because it is 64 bit. I am pretty sure that Qualcomm is going finishing the support for it because successor of the kitkat would be 64 bit so it will be a good excuse to just abandon devices business is business

Erm, S805 isn't 64 bits, and there is no info Android 4.5 or 5.0 or whatever will be 64 bits...

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
232 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
the Z was the first proper flagship phone from Sony. Waterproof features and all.
It was the first and there were many lessons learnt from it. ie: flaps, display, bezel etc etc

Thus, come the Z1 which address the issues above (earphones without flaps, magnetic cable charging without opening flap, etc)
Hence, I would think the changes to the new phone itself would be marginal. be it Z2 or Z3 etc.
Even in the looks dept, there wouldnt be much difference because Sony is taking the Omnidesign as the core

The difference would be in the hardware spec IMO
But I seriously hope the camera would be improved cos we have the hardware for it.
I'm still hoping there will be Red for the new phone. I would move if there's Red. if not I might think twice about "upgrading" from Z to Z2
21st January 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #17  
defsix's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
419 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamtan

the Z was the first proper flagship phone from Sony. Waterproof features and all.
It was the first and there were many lessons learnt from it. ie: flaps, display, bezel etc etc

Thus, come the Z1 which address the issues above (earphones without flaps, magnetic cable charging without opening flap, etc)
Hence, I would think the changes to the new phone itself would be marginal. be it Z2 or Z3 etc.
Even in the looks dept, there wouldnt be much difference because Sony is taking the Omnidesign as the core

The difference would be in the hardware spec IMO
But I seriously hope the camera would be improved cos we have the hardware for it.
I'm still hoping there will be Red for the new phone. I would move if there's Red. if not I might think twice about "upgrading" from Z to Z2

Its the Z3 i'm waiting for so!
27th January 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
628 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97

Erm, S805 isn't 64 bits, and there is no info Android 4.5 or 5.0 or whatever will be 64 bits...

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Ok my bad, adreno improvement are interesting

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes