Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 38,266 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Next Sony Flagship Device

Tip us?

alexpraga
Old
Thanks Meter 51
For me, Z still rules... Z1 is too big!

Sent from my Xperia Z

defsix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpraga View Post
For me, Z still rules... Z1 is too big!

Sent from my Xperia Z
Yeah, when I got the Z I said it was big enough. But my Z is not wearing the best, the paint has worn off on the corners. An aluminium bezel would resist this better I think.

Sent from my Brain via my Keyboard on my Xperia Z

defsix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97 View Post
No. Sirius is just a Z1 refresh. The true next flagship will come later...
But would you call it the 1st half of the year flagship device?

Sent from my Brain via my Keyboard on my Xperia Z

marcoplo
Old
Thanks Meter 57
It does not give any ROI buying the phone now because the S800 finishing its life span in terms of the king of the benchmark. I am waiting for snapdragon 805 that is because it graphics benefit and it would be " future proof" because it is 64 bit. I am pretty sure that Qualcomm is going finishing the support for it because successor of the kitkat would be 64 bit so it will be a good excuse to just abandon devices business is business

Felimenta97
Old
Thanks Meter 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoplo View Post
It does not give any ROI buying the phone now because the S800 finishing its life span in terms of the king of the benchmark. I am waiting for snapdragon 805 that is because it graphics benefit and it would be " future proof" because it is 64 bit. I am pretty sure that Qualcomm is going finishing the support for it because successor of the kitkat would be 64 bit so it will be a good excuse to just abandon devices business is business
Erm, S805 isn't 64 bits, and there is no info Android 4.5 or 5.0 or whatever will be 64 bits...

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

adamtan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
the Z was the first proper flagship phone from Sony. Waterproof features and all.
It was the first and there were many lessons learnt from it. ie: flaps, display, bezel etc etc

Thus, come the Z1 which address the issues above (earphones without flaps, magnetic cable charging without opening flap, etc)
Hence, I would think the changes to the new phone itself would be marginal. be it Z2 or Z3 etc.
Even in the looks dept, there wouldnt be much difference because Sony is taking the Omnidesign as the core

The difference would be in the hardware spec IMO
But I seriously hope the camera would be improved cos we have the hardware for it.
I'm still hoping there will be Red for the new phone. I would move if there's Red. if not I might think twice about "upgrading" from Z to Z2

defsix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamtan View Post
the Z was the first proper flagship phone from Sony. Waterproof features and all.
It was the first and there were many lessons learnt from it. ie: flaps, display, bezel etc etc

Thus, come the Z1 which address the issues above (earphones without flaps, magnetic cable charging without opening flap, etc)
Hence, I would think the changes to the new phone itself would be marginal. be it Z2 or Z3 etc.
Even in the looks dept, there wouldnt be much difference because Sony is taking the Omnidesign as the core

The difference would be in the hardware spec IMO
But I seriously hope the camera would be improved cos we have the hardware for it.
I'm still hoping there will be Red for the new phone. I would move if there's Red. if not I might think twice about "upgrading" from Z to Z2
Its the Z3 i'm waiting for so!

marcoplo
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97 View Post
Erm, S805 isn't 64 bits, and there is no info Android 4.5 or 5.0 or whatever will be 64 bits...

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
Ok my bad, adreno improvement are interesting