Post Reply

Sony notification sounds?

OP swee08315

14th February 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 14
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
The latest update got rid of the Sony notification sounds and replaced them with stock androids, which is all well and good, but I would still like to have them. Anybody have them in a zip?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
15th February 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #2  
LitoNi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 699
 
1,065 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Just head over to the android development section, download any older version of roms like 4.2, unzip it, locate the system folder/ media/audio/notifications, should be one of those Ogg files. Use root explorer or of your choice and move that or those Ogg files and replace your current ones or add and rmb to set the correct permissions.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th February 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #3  
doministry's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bytom, Poland
Thanks Meter: 203
 
3,724 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swee08315

The latest update got rid of the Sony notification sounds and replaced them with stock androids, which is all well and good, but I would still like to have them. Anybody have them in a zip?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

But I still see Xperia sounds there.
15th February 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #4  
LitoNi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 699
 
1,065 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
what sounds are you looking for? are you talking about the clicking sound when you press the softkeys?
15th February 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 14
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitoNi

what sounds are you looking for? are you talking about the clicking sound when you press the softkeys?

My bad.

It's not my phone. A friend told me the update removed the playstation sounds and I took that to mean sound notification. I guess he's looking for the haptic feedback sound? I'm pretty sure changing the haptic feedback sound would require root, so he's SOL.
15th February 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #6  
kingvortex's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 2,527
 
3,614 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Yes, changing the UI sounds does require root.
Just in case you need them in future, here's a (non-flashable) zip of them all - Xperia_Z_UI_sounds.zip - 65.33 KB

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #7  
LitoNi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 699
 
1,065 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swee08315

My bad.

It's not my phone. A friend told me the update removed the playstation sounds and I took that to mean sound notification. I guess he's looking for the haptic feedback sound? I'm pretty sure changing the haptic feedback sound would require root, so he's SOL.

yea that ui clicking sound is only one file and requires root.

if your friend is planning to root
system/media/audio/ui/ "effect_tick.ogg"

thats the only file you need to replace with the older effect_tick.ogg the permission of rw-r-r. or just flash the above file

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes