Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony notification sounds?

Tip us?

swee08315
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Sony notification sounds?

The latest update got rid of the Sony notification sounds and replaced them with stock androids, which is all well and good, but I would still like to have them. Anybody have them in a zip?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

LitoNi
Old
Thanks Meter 681
Just head over to the android development section, download any older version of roms like 4.2, unzip it, locate the system folder/ media/audio/notifications, should be one of those Ogg files. Use root explorer or of your choice and move that or those Ogg files and replace your current ones or add and rmb to set the correct permissions.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SONY VAIO Z
SONY XPERIA Z
SONY XPERIA TABLET Z2

Is your Xperia having issues? Try repairing it with Sony's PC Companion or Sony's Update Service first before posting.
Remember to back up your data before proceeding and do internal wipes [factory reset under settings] as well.

Use the latest FlashTool to flash FTF files if PCC and SUS fails to recognize/repair your Xperia.
Full tutorial on how to use FlashTool.

< Please hit the Thanks Button if I helped you.

doministry
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by swee08315 View Post
The latest update got rid of the Sony notification sounds and replaced them with stock androids, which is all well and good, but I would still like to have them. Anybody have them in a zip?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
But I still see Xperia sounds there.
a w a r e
SE P800 P910 P990 P1 X1 X2 X10 LG E900 Xperia Arc X10 Mini Sony Xperia S, Xperia T, Xperia Z

LitoNi
Old
Thanks Meter 681
what sounds are you looking for? are you talking about the clicking sound when you press the softkeys?

SONY VAIO Z
SONY XPERIA Z
SONY XPERIA TABLET Z2

Is your Xperia having issues? Try repairing it with Sony's PC Companion or Sony's Update Service first before posting.
Remember to back up your data before proceeding and do internal wipes [factory reset under settings] as well.

Use the latest FlashTool to flash FTF files if PCC and SUS fails to recognize/repair your Xperia.

swee08315
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitoNi View Post
what sounds are you looking for? are you talking about the clicking sound when you press the softkeys?
My bad.

It's not my phone. A friend told me the update removed the playstation sounds and I took that to mean sound notification. I guess he's looking for the haptic feedback sound? I'm pretty sure changing the haptic feedback sound would require root, so he's SOL.

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 1915
Yes, changing the UI sounds does require root.
Just in case you need them in future, here's a (non-flashable) zip of them all - Xperia_Z_UI_sounds.zip - 65.33 KB

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

LitoNi
Old
Thanks Meter 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by swee08315 View Post
My bad.

It's not my phone. A friend told me the update removed the playstation sounds and I took that to mean sound notification. I guess he's looking for the haptic feedback sound? I'm pretty sure changing the haptic feedback sound would require root, so he's SOL.
yea that ui clicking sound is only one file and requires root.

if your friend is planning to root
system/media/audio/ui/ "effect_tick.ogg"

thats the only file you need to replace with the older effect_tick.ogg the permission of rw-r-r. or just flash the above file

SONY VAIO Z
SONY XPERIA Z
SONY XPERIA TABLET Z2