Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Does Sony provide stock browser on 569 update?

OP Cookie Ninja

13th February 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 142

227 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxzdxz1

unfortunately, the .569 browser doesn't work on .101 roms. Is there a stock browser for those roms?

I'm using .569 browser in 101.

Just dont forget to remove browserproviderproxy.apk and odex files from system partition.

That aplication force to close generic browser application, and restrict to install as ragular application.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
13th February 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #12  
Flag Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 11

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryen

I'm using .569 browser in 101.

Just dont forget to remove browserproviderproxy.apk and odex files from system partition.

That aplication force to close generic browser application, and restrict to install as ragular application.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I know, but this is not the problem.
If I push the odexed .569 browser to /system and restart, the browser doesn't even appear on drawer. And if I try to install the .569 deodex browser I receive the "App not installed" error.

I'm using Vodafone DE .101, stock, rooted rom.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Ninja

Use the browser from this thread/post for 4.2 /101 firmware: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42808478
This browser works on 4.3 firmware too...

Dead Cookies leave no trails...

I will try this, thanks
14th February 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 453

1,408 posts
Since there seems to be a lot of interest in using stock AOSP browser on Sony ROMs, I'd like someone to help me in fixing this 4.3 browser from Mokee 4.3 ROM for use in stock Sony ROM. Despite my best efforts, the browser FCs on launch. Link http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/1/v...ga/Browser.apk

18th February 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 453

1,408 posts
--BUMP--
Any responses? Any takers?.....
Like the Mokee 4.3 version of browser more than the stock 4.3.7 browser which has just 3 search providers (Google, Yahoo and Bing), whereas Mokee has DDG also. In stock 4.3.7 there is no way to spoof the browser but in Mokee's you can spoof as Froyo N1, iPhone, Android, Firefox, Desktop etc (AOKP mod)....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread