5,599,135 Members 34,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sony Xperia Z as a business phone (daily driver)

Tip us?

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 1445
You're welcome.
I'm on Android 4.3 - 10.4.B.0.569

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Cookie Ninja
Old
Thanks Meter 370
The Z has a glass back and front screen. I cracked my screen while the phone was in my pocket during a meeting. Maybe the ZR or the ZL may be better suited for you if you tend to keep the phone on you/ on surfaces that may cause it some shock / damage, unless you're purely interested in water resistance... In that case, the Z1, Z1S, or the ZR may fit your requirements....

Dead Cookies leave no trails...
MY OLD DEVICES
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...=2863&id6=1967
CURRENT DEVICE /S
Xperia Z C 6603; Stock, LB, Root (101 F/W) (Mine!)
Xperia ZL C 6502; Stock LB, Root (101 F/W) (Wife's)
Nexus 7 (2012)Stock KK Root KOT49H(Son's)
Dell Venue 7 (2013) Stock 4.3, Root (Ours).
Xperia JLo ST26i-Stock,Root (Son's)
Asus TF 101 ARHD; Root (Mom's)

Need Indian Fonts? Check my thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1560715

Airbag888
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Ninja View Post
The Z has a glass back and front screen. I cracked my screen while the phone was in my pocket during a meeting. Maybe the ZR or the ZL may be better suited for you if you tend to keep the phone on you/ on surfaces that may cause it some shock / damage, unless you're purely interested in water resistance... In that case, the Z1, Z1S, or the ZR may fit your requirements....

Dead Cookies leave no trails...
Oh, I was under the impression the Z had the same protection as the Z1, ZR, etc (except for the difference in water protection)

eryen
Old
Thanks Meter 113
FullHd screens draind battery like hell.

I also use z as primary phone for work. 3 exchange accounts connected via push settings, linkedin account and also every kind of messaging application works on background. (Working international, everybody uses different mesaaging system, so i have to install all of them.)
Also social media applications like facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest etc etc.

Bluetooth sbh50 connected allday. At least 3 hour call and 3 hour music over bluetooth device.
Several remote connections made with phone. Also wifi hotspot in day time.

Still i can get one full day with one charge.

I've allways set my device to one kind of network. 3g always.
if you use 2g/3g/lte section, phone will allways look for faster network in area. That mean your phone allways in search mode. That might kill your battery in several hours.
That situation is not for only xperia z, search mod will kill all phones.

Just keep in charge while you are sleeping, keep battery for when you need it. If you sleep and recharge for tomorrow, let your phone to sleep and recharge for tomorrow.

You might also consider to get Z1S. 720p screens more battery friendly. I have also xperia sp. Definitely more battery frindly because of screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to eryen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Airbag888
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryen View Post
FullHd screens draind battery like hell.

I also use z as primary phone for work. 3 exchange accounts connected via push settings, linkedin account and also every kind of messaging application works on background. (Working international, everybody uses different mesaaging system, so i have to install all of them.)
Also social media applications like facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest etc etc.

Bluetooth sbh50 connected allday. At least 3 hour call and 3 hour music over bluetooth device.
Several remote connections made with phone. Also wifi hotspot in day time.

Still i can get one full day with one charge.

I've allways set my device to one kind of network. 3g always.
if you use 2g/3g/lte section, phone will allways look for faster network in area. That mean your phone allways in search mode. That might kill your battery in several hours.
That situation is not for only xperia z, search mod will kill all phones.

Just keep in charge while you are sleeping, keep battery for when you need it. If you sleep and recharge for tomorrow, let your phone to sleep and recharge for tomorrow.

You might also consider to get Z1S. 720p screens more battery friendly. I have also xperia sp. Definitely more battery frindly because os screen.

I appreciate the details. May I ask what firmware you're on as well? I may consider the Z1S. As a reminder this is for use at the office by my colleagues who have been on black berries so far. So obviously they'll complain about the battery. But the scenario you described puts my mind at ease.

eryen
Old
Thanks Meter 113
I'm using latest version .569.
But still if you compare with blackberry all smartphones will take lower battery usage. Because of blackberry devices a little dummy phones.

How big your screen you will consume more power, how fancy and complicate your device, will consume more power.
Recently my company renewed all phones. All blackberry users are still happy because of more friendly and powerfull phone.

Airbag888
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryen View Post
I'm using latest version .569.
But still if you compare with blackberry all smartphones will take lower battery usage. Because of blackberry devices a little dummy phones.

How big your screen you will consume more power, how fancy and complicate your device, will consume more power.
Recently my company renewed all phones. All blackberry users are still happy because of more friendly and powerfull phone.

I absolutely agree with everything you said. What phones did your company pick up to replace the BBs?

eryen
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
I absolutely agree with everything you said. What phones did your company pick up to replace the BBs?
Because of agreament with service provider, Samsung S4 and S3.

I've donated S4 to my mother. Personally i like sony style gui. Samsung seems childish to me. Too many absurt colour

No offens anybody..

Sony case and gui look more elegant.