Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Sony xperia Z screen broke in my pocket.

17th January 2014, 09:17 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Hi I got my xperia z in March and on new years day the phone screen broke in my pocket with a hairline crack and became unusable. I have a very nice phone case to try stop things like that from happening. Anyways I sent my phone in to repair and they told me it would cost R3500 to fix (321.69$). I live in South Africa and when ever I try phone around to get more help they just redirect me to the next person who can not help me. What can I do any help thanks

17th January 2014, 11:22 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 429

1,804 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubz151

Hi I got my xperia z in March and on new years day the phone screen broke in my pocket with a hairline crack and became unusable. I have a very nice phone case to try stop things like that from happening. Anyways I sent my phone in to repair and they told me it would cost R3500 to fix (321.69$). I live in South Africa and when ever I try phone around to get more help they just redirect me to the next person who can not help me. What can I do any help thanks

You can repair it yourself, I think that's the best thing you can do if you don't want to pay that much.
Only downside is that there is a big chance that your phone isn't 'waterproof' anymore after you've fixed it.

Here is a tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfXaze8AS2o

And a place where you can buy parts:
http://rounded.com/xperia-z-l36h/

Pretty pricey, but by far not as pricey as getting it repaired.
There are more places you can buy prats like Ebay.
10th January 2015, 01:11 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello
Hi. I am from Romania and i bought 3 weeks ago a Sony Xperia Z3 from Germany. I have guarantee. Yesterday i saw that all the back glass from my phone is crashed. My phone didn`t fall down on the floor or something like this. I read on network many problems like this and i know that the problem is from my pocket. I don`t know that guarantee will repair this thing. What do you think?
11th January 2015, 03:53 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

142 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubz151

I have seen same issue with T2 ultra in my friend's phone .. The display cracked inside pocket.... I thing that some kind of force applied to it while my frnd handling his bike with the phone inside the pocket....
And here in India it cost around Rs. 10,000 to fix it...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread