Nexus Player 5.1 LMY47D Rooted

We recently featured the Nexus Player, Google’s second attempt at a digital media … more

Should You Get Wear? Wearer’s Practical Observations

Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in … more

SlimRoms: Updates on the Horizon

SlimRoms’ website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but … more

Your Favorite Wireless Charger?

Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

No sound when aswering a call

15th February 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #1  
kistigun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Weert
Thanks Meter: 237
 
852 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys, since two weeks i've got some problems with my Z. Sometimes when i'm aswering a call i cant here a thing. But the person who's calling me can hear me fine. Same problem sometimes when i try to make a call. Also sometimes when answering a call the phone switches to hadsfree. When i turn off handsfree mode i also cant hear a thing.

At the moment i'm on exzistenz 6.0 with dooms advanced kernel. Had the same problem with exzistenz 5.0 in combination with all custom kernels and also stock kernel. Also experienced the problem on stock roms(101 & 569)

Can anyone help me with this problem?
17th February 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474
 
1,814 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kistigun

Hi guys, since two weeks i've got some problems with my Z. Sometimes when i'm aswering a call i cant here a thing. But the person who's calling me can hear me fine. Same problem sometimes when i try to make a call. Also sometimes when answering a call the phone switches to hadsfree. When i turn off handsfree mode i also cant hear a thing.

At the moment i'm on exzistenz 6.0 with dooms advanced kernel. Had the same problem with exzistenz 5.0 in combination with all custom kernels and also stock kernel. Also experienced the problem on stock roms(101 & 569)

Can anyone help me with this problem?

well you just found your problem.
custom rom + custom kernel.
try another rom or another kernel.
im running fine on stock rom with stock kernel
17th February 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 8
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzy1912

well you just found your problem.
custom rom + custom kernel.
try another rom or another kernel.
im running fine on stock rom with stock kernel

Can't agree thats the whole of the problem, I was on stock rom stock kernel and had this problem, ironically just a few weeks ago, I installed existenZ 6.0 with stock kernel to see if I still have the problem. I don't get alot of calls so it will be a while before I know if it solved it for me.
17th February 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #4  
kistigun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Weert
Thanks Meter: 237
 
852 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Donate to Me
More
Well yesterday i switched to the latest stock rom and kernel. No root relocked bootloader and no tweaks what so ever. The problem still remains so i'm going to a repair center today because it is most likely a hardware problem

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6603 met Tapatalk
17th February 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #5  
kistigun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Weert
Thanks Meter: 237
 
852 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Donate to Me
More
just found this:
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...ue/td-p/477913

When i run a test in diagnostic app for the internal speaker and i press the right top corner the sound is working. So deffinatly a hardware problem. Going to bring my Z to a repair center.
17th February 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucifix

Can't agree thats the whole of the problem, I was on stock rom stock kernel and had this problem, ironically just a few weeks ago, I installed existenZ 6.0 with stock kernel to see if I still have the problem. I don't get alot of calls so it will be a while before I know if it solved it for me.

It's a hardware issue I'm currently having, shaking the phone, or turning on speaker works for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes