Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 48,077 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No sound when aswering a call

Tip us?

kistigun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236

DONATE TO ME
Default No sound when aswering a call

Hi guys, since two weeks i've got some problems with my Z. Sometimes when i'm aswering a call i cant here a thing. But the person who's calling me can hear me fine. Same problem sometimes when i try to make a call. Also sometimes when answering a call the phone switches to hadsfree. When i turn off handsfree mode i also cant hear a thing.

At the moment i'm on exzistenz 6.0 with dooms advanced kernel. Had the same problem with exzistenz 5.0 in combination with all custom kernels and also stock kernel. Also experienced the problem on stock roms(101 & 569)

Can anyone help me with this problem?
Sagem MC830->Ericsson T10s->Nokia 3310->Nokia 6610->Sony Ericsson K710i->Sony Ericsson W850i->Sony Ericsson W910i->Sony Ericsson Xperia X1i->Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i->Nokia E72 ->Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc->Nokia 113->Asus Transformer tf101->Sony Xperia S-> Samsung Galaxy S plus-> Sony Xperia Z-> Blackberry Q5

Sony Xperia Z1 & SWR10 runnning stock 4.4.4 & Nexus 7 2012 running stock 4.4.4

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by kistigun View Post
Hi guys, since two weeks i've got some problems with my Z. Sometimes when i'm aswering a call i cant here a thing. But the person who's calling me can hear me fine. Same problem sometimes when i try to make a call. Also sometimes when answering a call the phone switches to hadsfree. When i turn off handsfree mode i also cant hear a thing.

At the moment i'm on exzistenz 6.0 with dooms advanced kernel. Had the same problem with exzistenz 5.0 in combination with all custom kernels and also stock kernel. Also experienced the problem on stock roms(101 & 569)

Can anyone help me with this problem?
well you just found your problem.
custom rom + custom kernel.
try another rom or another kernel.
im running fine on stock rom with stock kernel

Trucifix
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzy1912 View Post
well you just found your problem.
custom rom + custom kernel.
try another rom or another kernel.
im running fine on stock rom with stock kernel
Can't agree thats the whole of the problem, I was on stock rom stock kernel and had this problem, ironically just a few weeks ago, I installed existenZ 6.0 with stock kernel to see if I still have the problem. I don't get alot of calls so it will be a while before I know if it solved it for me.
Phone: T-Mobile Xperia Z C6606

Did someone help you? Click on the THANKS button.

kistigun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236

DONATE TO ME
Well yesterday i switched to the latest stock rom and kernel. No root relocked bootloader and no tweaks what so ever. The problem still remains so i'm going to a repair center today because it is most likely a hardware problem

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6603 met Tapatalk
Sagem MC830->Ericsson T10s->Nokia 3310->Nokia 6610->Sony Ericsson K710i->Sony Ericsson W850i->Sony Ericsson W910i->Sony Ericsson Xperia X1i->Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i->Nokia E72 ->Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc->Nokia 113->Asus Transformer tf101->Sony Xperia S-> Samsung Galaxy S plus-> Sony Xperia Z-> Blackberry Q5

kistigun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236

DONATE TO ME
just found this:
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...ue/td-p/477913

When i run a test in diagnostic app for the internal speaker and i press the right top corner the sound is working. So deffinatly a hardware problem. Going to bring my Z to a repair center.

OsiBasi
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucifix View Post
Can't agree thats the whole of the problem, I was on stock rom stock kernel and had this problem, ironically just a few weeks ago, I installed existenZ 6.0 with stock kernel to see if I still have the problem. I don't get alot of calls so it will be a while before I know if it solved it for me.
It's a hardware issue I'm currently having, shaking the phone, or turning on speaker works for me.