Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No Sound from loudspeaker on Stock Rom

Tip us?

Albertyon90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Phone [Q] No Sound from loudspeaker on Stock Rom

Hello fellow XDA members

Normally I wouldn't post anything as I would have solved my problem via searching, but I could not find anything relating to my problem. Anyway here goes.

My Xperia Z does not produce sound from the loudspeaker on STOCK based roms, other roms such as CM11 and MIUI work perfectly fine. which rules out a hardware fault. The problem is rather weird. Specifically, it is like the phone thinks the earphone is plugged in, therefore all the sounds are being routed to the earphone port and not the speaker. Notification tones sometime work but it its very soft or have like a crackling sound. (Note sound works fine through the earphones). This obviously has an impact on voice calls, the only way I can talk without a headset is via bluetooth headset or to put the loudspeaker on, which then the person comes through the loudspeaker.

This lead me to believe it has something to do with Smart Connect(Liveware), where once the earphone is plugged in the music automatically starts playing, so therefore the app may think the earphone is plugged in 24/7. I deleted the app but still the problem was there.

As I said this is only apparent on stock roms. I flashed unmodded stock via flashtool(4.3) and still same problem, other stock based roms I have tried include Existenz v1.5.5(4.4.2) and BlackZ(4.4.2). However on CM11 roms(4.4.4), MIUI(4.2.2 - 4.4) and ColorOS(4.2.2) the sound works completely fine, except on CM11 the mic randomly stops working but that may be another bug entirely.

I am completely stumped on this and any help would be appreciated. Thank you

gripfly
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertyon90 View Post
Hello fellow XDA members

Normally I wouldn't post anything as I would have solved my problem via searching, but I could not find anything relating to my problem. Anyway here goes.

My Xperia Z does not produce sound from the loudspeaker on STOCK based roms, other roms such as CM11 and MIUI work perfectly fine. which rules out a hardware fault. The problem is rather weird. Specifically, it is like the phone thinks the earphone is plugged in, therefore all the sounds are being routed to the earphone port and not the speaker. Notification tones sometime work but it its very soft or have like a crackling sound. (Note sound works fine through the earphones). This obviously has an impact on voice calls, the only way I can talk without a headset is via bluetooth headset or to put the loudspeaker on, which then the person comes through the loudspeaker.

This lead me to believe it has something to do with Smart Connect(Liveware), where once the earphone is plugged in the music automatically starts playing, so therefore the app may think the earphone is plugged in 24/7. I deleted the app but still the problem was there.

As I said this is only apparent on stock roms. I flashed unmodded stock via flashtool(4.3) and still same problem, other stock based roms I have tried include Existenz v1.5.5(4.4.2) and BlackZ(4.4.2). However on CM11 roms(4.4.4), MIUI(4.2.2 - 4.4) and ColorOS(4.2.2) the sound works completely fine, except on CM11 the mic randomly stops working but that may be another bug entirely.

Try the app soundabout
CORRECT ME IF I MAKE MISTAKES, I WANNA LEARN THIS LANGUAGE AND IF YOU CAN HELP ME I WILL BE THANKFUL!

thanks

My work:
Xperia Theme | Yamaha R6
Xperia Theme | xda developers
The Following User Says Thank You to gripfly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

annie42
Old
Thanks Meter 20
same problem here, anyone knows the solution?

androidfreak70
Old
Thanks Meter 433

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie42 View Post
same problem here, anyone knows the solution?
Quote:
Hello fellow XDA members

1- don't post your problems here

2- use a sound mod from themes and apps section. Try PureXaudio

3- search for it

Tapatalk'ed from my Xperia™ Z (C6602) running Dirty Unicorns ROM!
THATS FROM MY XPERIA™ Z
RUNNING ROM
C6602
Android 4.4.4
Stock Omni kernel
Xposed modules

---------------------------------------------------
don't forget hit thanks if helped
-----------------------------------------------------
and ALWAYS QUOTE my posts if you replying to my post!

Albertyon90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70 View Post
1- don't post your problems here

2- use a sound mod from themes and apps section. Try PureXaudio

3- search for it

1- Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread.

2- I have PureXaudio installed, but it does not help, I have also tried every other sound mod but since it does not change where the sound is outputted through it doesn't help(except my music sounds cooler )

3- As I said in the original post I have searched for it and no-one has this particular problem, there are similar ones though but those have been resolved with flashing stock. But with the stock rom the problem still persists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripfly View Post
Try the app soundabout
Thank you, that solved my problem with the calling, it will work as a temporary solution. I've hit the thank you button..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Albertyon90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androidfreak70
Old
Thanks Meter 433

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
1- Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread.

2- I have PureXaudio installed, but it does not help, I have also tried every other sound mod but since it does not change where the sound is outputted through it doesn't help(except my music sounds cooler )

3- As I said in the original post I have searched for it and no-one has this particular problem, there are similar ones though but those have been resolved with flashing stock. But with the stock rom the problem still persists.

Thank you, that solved my problem with the calling, it will work as a temporary solution. I've hit the thank you button..
Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...rease-t2302748

Some people worked fine for them with similar issue

THATS FROM MY XPERIA™ Z
RUNNING ROM
C6602
Android 4.4.4
Stock Omni kernel
Xposed modules

---------------------------------------------------
don't forget hit thanks if helped
-----------------------------------------------------
and ALWAYS QUOTE my posts if you replying to my post!