Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,121 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sound quality

Tip us?

arjunanand1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Sound quality

So, the Xperia Z was officially launched at a PR event in Dubai yesterday, and the price seems okay too (2499 AED, ~680 USD). I've seen concerns about the screen quality but will check that out myself when its out in stores (March). Can anyone who has the Z comment on the sound quality on the device ?

smaghe
Old
Thanks Meter 11
There is already a thread in Q&A.

charliechocolate
Old
Thanks Meter 21
What kind of sound quality are you talking about? Audio playback?

I'm concerned by the volume of the earpiece, and how loudly and clearly you can hear people during a phone call. In other words, what the X10 sucked ass at.

Maedhros
Old
Thanks Meter 121
If you are concerned about audio check out the HTC One.

Stereo Front speakers, amps, amazing all around.

dblshotty
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I've just received my phone from japan and the volume of the phone whilst playing youtube videos or music is appalling. It's hardly audible even at the highest setting. If you're wanting a phone with good speakers this is not the phone, you'll be highly disappointed. Other than the sound everything else on the phone is perfect. Great build quality etc. let me know if you want pictures or to know more about the phone id be happy to post
The Following User Says Thank You to dblshotty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gitaroo
Old
Thanks Meter 37
ya, I heard the speakers are compromised because of water proof. Guess I still got an option for head set which is what I use for my current phone.

Ambroos
Old
Thanks Meter 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblshotty View Post
I've just received my phone from japan and the volume of the phone whilst playing youtube videos or music is appalling. It's hardly audible even at the highest setting. If you're wanting a phone with good speakers this is not the phone, you'll be highly disappointed. Other than the sound everything else on the phone is perfect. Great build quality etc. let me know if you want pictures or to know more about the phone id be happy to post
Hardly audible? I wonder what you have done with my ears :P

It's not as loud as some other phones but it's still more than adequate. It's enough to wake me up in the morning (quite easily even) and the best thing is that it doesn't sound distorted even at the highest volume.
Sony Xperia Z2 - D6503, black
Sony Xperia Tablet Z LTE - SGP321, black
Sony Xperia Z1 - C6903, black, backup

Huge Sony (Ericsson) fan.
J210i, K320i, G705, Arc, Elm, Neo, Arc S, Xperia S, Xperia T, Xperia Z, Xperia Z1, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z2

dblshotty
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambroos View Post
Hardly audible? I wonder what you have done with my ears :P

It's not as loud as some other phones but it's still more than adequate. It's enough to wake me up in the morning (quite easily even) and the best thing is that it doesn't sound distorted even at the highest volume.
I may have over exaggerated with my statement xD. But to be honest it's loud speaker whilst playing music is poorer than an a Lg Optimus L3, I was forced to use the optimus L3 whilst waiting for my xperia z lol so I know full well what it sounds like it. Sound via the headphone jack is fine just the loud speaker sucks it would have problems waking me up but their is always vibration so it doesn't really bother me.

vapotrini
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblshotty View Post
Well, that's a wrap with my interest in the Z. Nothing more annoying "to me" than a phone with crappy speakers.

dblshotty
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapotrini View Post
Well, that's a wrap with my interest in the Z. Nothing more annoying "to me" than a phone with crappy speakers.
if you have a iphone 5 and use the life proof case from fre that is pretty much the sound quality of the Xperia Z maybe slightly less Don't let that one feature prevent you from buying this fantastic phone it truly is amazing. And that's my honest opinion of the device ;D i'll upload a video for you guys of the sound quality