Post Reply

Sound quality

OP arjunanand1

19th February 2013, 08:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 0
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
So, the Xperia Z was officially launched at a PR event in Dubai yesterday, and the price seems okay too (2499 AED, ~680 USD). I've seen concerns about the screen quality but will check that out myself when its out in stores (March). Can anyone who has the Z comment on the sound quality on the device ?
19th February 2013, 09:23 AM   |  #2  
smaghe's Avatar
Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 11
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
There is already a thread in Q&A.
19th February 2013, 05:30 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
What kind of sound quality are you talking about? Audio playback?

I'm concerned by the volume of the earpiece, and how loudly and clearly you can hear people during a phone call. In other words, what the X10 sucked ass at.
19th February 2013, 05:32 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 122
 
992 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
If you are concerned about audio check out the HTC One.

Stereo Front speakers, amps, amazing all around.
19th February 2013, 10:07 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
I've just received my phone from japan and the volume of the phone whilst playing youtube videos or music is appalling. It's hardly audible even at the highest setting. If you're wanting a phone with good speakers this is not the phone, you'll be highly disappointed. Other than the sound everything else on the phone is perfect. Great build quality etc. let me know if you want pictures or to know more about the phone id be happy to post
The Following User Says Thank You to dblshotty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 10:10 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
386 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
ya, I heard the speakers are compromised because of water proof. Guess I still got an option for head set which is what I use for my current phone.
19th February 2013, 10:12 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Leuven / Sint-Truiden
Thanks Meter: 905
 
1,388 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblshotty

I've just received my phone from japan and the volume of the phone whilst playing youtube videos or music is appalling. It's hardly audible even at the highest setting. If you're wanting a phone with good speakers this is not the phone, you'll be highly disappointed. Other than the sound everything else on the phone is perfect. Great build quality etc. let me know if you want pictures or to know more about the phone id be happy to post

Hardly audible? I wonder what you have done with my ears :P

It's not as loud as some other phones but it's still more than adequate. It's enough to wake me up in the morning (quite easily even) and the best thing is that it doesn't sound distorted even at the highest volume.
19th February 2013, 10:24 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambroos

Hardly audible? I wonder what you have done with my ears :P

It's not as loud as some other phones but it's still more than adequate. It's enough to wake me up in the morning (quite easily even) and the best thing is that it doesn't sound distorted even at the highest volume.

I may have over exaggerated with my statement xD. But to be honest it's loud speaker whilst playing music is poorer than an a Lg Optimus L3, I was forced to use the optimus L3 whilst waiting for my xperia z lol so I know full well what it sounds like it. Sound via the headphone jack is fine just the loud speaker sucks it would have problems waking me up but their is always vibration so it doesn't really bother me.
19th February 2013, 10:49 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
539 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblshotty

I've just received my phone from japan and the volume of the phone whilst playing youtube videos or music is appalling. It's hardly audible even at the highest setting. If you're wanting a phone with good speakers this is not the phone, you'll be highly disappointed. Other than the sound everything else on the phone is perfect. Great build quality etc. let me know if you want pictures or to know more about the phone id be happy to post

Well, that's a wrap with my interest in the Z. Nothing more annoying "to me" than a phone with crappy speakers.
19th February 2013, 10:55 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapotrini

Well, that's a wrap with my interest in the Z. Nothing more annoying "to me" than a phone with crappy speakers.

if you have a iphone 5 and use the life proof case from fre that is pretty much the sound quality of the Xperia Z maybe slightly less Don't let that one feature prevent you from buying this fantastic phone it truly is amazing. And that's my honest opinion of the device ;D i'll upload a video for you guys of the sound quality

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes