[Q] Stamina Mode prevents turn on screen

OP kiwi_son

1st February 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hey guys!

The title explains my problem but here're the details. Whenever I turn off the screen there's no problem, power butto works but when I try to turn on the screen it doesn't work -sometimes- and sometimes it works. When it doesn't work I just use my USB cable and connect to computer so screen turns on. I realised it caused by stamina mode as when I charge the phone it always works flawlesly (cause charging turns off stamina mode). I contacted with Sony and they told me to use PC Companion and make a reset SUPRISE! I didn't do it, yet. And I couldn't find stamina mode app in Settings>Apps>All is there a different name? Maybe deleting cache and data helps..Any suggestions?
1st February 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 2,504

3,598 posts
More
Make sure the proximity sensor isn't covered with anything.
When stamina mode is on, it prevents the phone waking up when the proximity sensor is activated.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
1st February 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 162

1,119 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

When stamina mode is on, it prevents the phone waking up when the proximity sensor is activated.

lol man, I had no idea this was caused by stamina. It's kind of an annoying behavior, I wish it could be disabled.

Regarding the screen not turn off issue. I've always had stamina on. But also had the occasional screen-wont-turn-on issue. Mainly with a custom kernel, though, XzKernel mainly. I don't assume OP has a custom kernel but maybe all my "screen-wont-turn-on" issues have been stamina related?!
1st February 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

Proximity sensor? Seriously? I didn't know that. However, for a couple of times I can assume that it was caused by that but I don't cover the sensor all the time, so I don't think it's the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocayine

lol man, I had no idea this was caused by stamina. It's kind of an annoying behavior, I wish it could be disabled.

Regarding the screen not turn off issue. I've always had stamina on. But also had the occasional screen-wont-turn-on issue. Mainly with a custom kernel, though, XzKernel mainly. I don't assume OP has a custom kernel but maybe all my "screen-wont-turn-on" issues have been stamina related?!

It was just luck, I discoverd while I was charging it. Now I turned of Stamina which SUCKS it really help to keep battery more I use original ROM and after 4.3 update I didn't even root it, so it's prefectly pure..I've no idea how can I solve this without resetting the phone via PC Comp.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread