Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Xperia Z HardBrick! no red led!

OP Dhicky

27th August 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
So last night i was charging my phone like usual, when in the morning i woke up, i unplugged my XZ, and everything was normal i checked my notifications, but then i decided to get some more sleep, after two hours later i woke up again, It's dead, it wont turn on, no red light when i plug the charger, pressing buttons combination didn't help at all, I dont know what happen. please help me, i think it's hard brick, but how can i solve it? Please help me
27th August 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhicky

So last night i was charging my phone like usual, when in the morning i woke up, i unplugged my XZ, and everything was normal i checked my notifications, but then i decided to get some more sleep, after two hours later i woke up again, It's dead, it wont turn on, no red light when i plug the charger, pressing buttons combination didn't help at all, I dont know what happen. please help me, i think it's hard brick, but how can i solve it? Please help me

Bring it to Sony service or to the service of the place where you have bought it from if you have guarantee.
Last edited by Vlad5555; 27th August 2014 at 01:03 PM.
27th August 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad5555

Bring it to Sony service or to the service of the place where you have bought it from if you have guarantee.

I bought it in Singapore, and I live Indonesia, please is there any way to solve it before i throw the phone away?
27th August 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

115 posts
More
Quote:

I bought it in Singapore, and I live Indonesia, please is there any way to solve it before i throw the phone away?

No, you can't. Sony doesn't have international warranty, too bad. Try to search forums and you'll find tutorial how to unbrick it disassemblying your phone (it could work).
27th August 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #5  
Flag IJmuiden
Thanks Meter: 39

131 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurynasVP

No, you can't. Sony doesn't have international warranty, too bad. Try to search forums and you'll find tutorial how to unbrick it disassemblying your phone (it could work).

looking two threads down...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...k-fix-t2828585

Good luck!
28th August 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
thanks all for replying, Hardbrick is caused by failed update process right? but i wasn't updating my phone at that time, what it called, what happened to my XZ, so strange..
29th August 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #7  
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 636

3,799 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thanks all for replying, Hardbrick is caused by failed update process right? but i wasn't updating my phone at that time, what it called, what happened to my XZ, so strange..

No

Hard bricks caused by flashing wrong kernel on wrong device. If you flashed XZ2 kernel on XZ you will hard brick it. And if you flash wrong rom for wrong device also you will hard brick it

And sometimes it's caused by damaged hardware too
So take care again

Xperia™ Z (C6602) with Tapatalk!
29th August 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Okay guys!, thank you for your kindly time! , i'm thingking about to get a new phone instead..
29th August 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
sorry i have some questions please :

1. What will normally happen if you plug a charger into Xperia Z without battery in it?

2. what is the red marked area in the image / link below, and what does it do?

?

3. when my XZ was off, It wouldn't turn on when i press power button, but when i connected it with a charger then pressed power button it would turn on, what wrong with that? that happened before my XZ totally dead.

Thank you..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread