No registration required

[Q] Suddenly screen went black

OP flytomars

23rd August 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

161 posts
More
I bought my Xperia Z a year ago and the phone worked perfectly all the time but everything changed yesterday.
Yesterday when I was playing Modern Combat 5 on my Xperia Z, the screen suddenly went black and I thought it was just a reboot.
However it wasn't going to reboot - the phone powered off! I have to switch it on manually and nightmares were approaching.

Then, the condition became more and more serious and the phone often automatically powered off.

I thought it was rom related so I re-flashed stock rom via Flashtool and wiped everything this morning.

Now it's even not able to boot - powers off when displaying boot animation.

If the phone is connected to a charger, it won't power off and works like before.

Why and how can this problem be solved?

Thanks!
23rd August 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

13 posts
If reflashing hadn't worked, then most probably it's a hardware related issue. In most countries warranty is 24 months for a product. It's been less than 24 months since Xperia z launched so i guess you still have warranty. The best thing you could do is to send the phone for repairs.
The Following User Says Thank You to bavarezul13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

161 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarezul13

If reflashing hadn't worked, then most probably it's a hardware related issue. In most countries warranty is 24 months for a product. It's been less than 24 months since Xperia z launched so i guess you still have warranty. The best thing you could do is to send the phone for repairs.

In China warranty is only 12 months so I have decided to repair my XZ by myself.
After times of testing and consulting, it's believed that there's something wrong with the battery.
I have bought another battery and some tools, I will peel off the back panel of XZ and replace the battery.

Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread