XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-mobile root help

Tip us?

Tragediya
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default T-mobile root help

Im pretty screwed it would seem? I guess t-mobile isn't that popular? I have yet to see any roots or anything else pertaining to 10.3.1.E.0.191 build on the T-mobile Xperia Z. It's stuck with a locked bootloader, and im kind of cornered here...So if anyone has ever rooted and downloaded a ROM to this phone, please explain to me how you've done it, It would seem no one else here knows of any solution since tmobile has gone full retard, well, I guess full genius in not allowing their phones to be Rommified.

Again...anyone with a T-mobile Xperia Z with the above specs please assist.

Onmehedson
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but are you saying that you are not able to flash a generic, unbranded rom on your t-mobile phone?

Teslarage
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmehedson View Post
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but are you saying that you are not able to flash a generic, unbranded rom on your t-mobile phone?
I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this!

Tragediya
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmehedson View Post
I can flash a rom, but when I do, WiFi wont activate, it gets stuck on turning on...and no one seems to be able to figure out why, right now it's back to standard everything, no root, just basic....it would be nice to be able to do something with it

GROGG88
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragediya View Post
I can flash a rom, but when I do, WiFi wont activate, it gets stuck on turning on...and no one seems to be able to figure out why, right now it's back to standard everything, no root, just basic....it would be nice to be able to do something with it
Are you excluding anything in the ftf when flashing, and are you performing wipes?

Teslarage
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just so I get this straight:

He, with his T-Mob branded phone, can flash any generic 6603 firmware?

skryte
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragediya View Post
I had the same issue with the WiFi. In the end I couldnt figure it out and didnt get any help so I just went back to stock rooted and debloated the Rom.

Sent from my C6606 using xda app-developers app
Sony Xperia Z C6606
Rom: Different every day...
Skryte

GROGG88
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teslarage View Post
Just so I get this straight:

He, with his T-Mob branded phone, can flash any generic 6603 firmware?
Correct. He can flash C6602 firmware as well, but will loose LTE.

aethervagrant
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Some firmwares seemed to disable my wifi. .The .67 firmware, ES unbranded for 6603 has been the most trouble free version to run on my 6606. It is rootable without too many extra steps, and all the features work, and plenty custom roms use it as a base. Your best bet is to download several ftf files, both different regions, and different firmware versions, so you can compare and see which one runs well, lets you get lte, and wifi. Most 6603 fw will let you get lte but it wont show when you first start up, you have to "download internet and mms settings" then go into networks and choose lte or 4g preferred. If it still doesnt give you 4g you can flash just the baseband from the tmobile firmware over and that should resolve it. Some will tell you to flash the FOTA as well, I never do because I dont want any notifications from tmobile to update my crap, I can do it just fine here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skryte View Post
I had the same issue with the WiFi. In the end I couldnt figure it out and didnt get any help so I just went back to stock rooted and debloated the Rom.

Sent from my C6606 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to aethervagrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tragediya
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aethervagrant View Post
Some firmwares seemed to disable my wifi. .The .67 firmware, ES unbranded for 6603 has been the most trouble free version to run on my 6606. It is rootable without too many extra steps, and all the features work, and plenty custom roms use it as a base. Your best bet is to download several ftf files, both different regions, and different firmware versions, so you can compare and see which one runs well, lets you get lte, and wifi. Most 6603 fw will let you get lte but it wont show when you first start up, you have to "download internet and mms settings" then go into networks and choose lte or 4g preferred. If it still doesnt give you 4g you can flash just the baseband from the tmobile firmware over and that should resolve it. Some will tell you to flash the FOTA as well, I never do because I dont want any notifications from tmobile to update my crap, I can do it just fine here.
My god that would explain it....thank you sir