[Q] T-Mobile Xperia Z - Rooting/Roms

OP marcviado

7th February 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 60

494 posts
More
I'm new to the xperia z and want to know how to go about rooting and flashing roms for this phone.I understand the bootloader is locked..what are the rom's available for the tmobile/u.s variant of the phone?
7th February 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 53

174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcviado

I'm new to the xperia z and want to know how to go about rooting and flashing roms for this phone.I understand the bootloader is locked..what are the rom's available for the tmobile/u.s variant of the phone?

As long as the ROM is based off of stock Sony firmware you are good. Look for the "LB" (lockedbootloader) tag withing the ROM title, and you should also see instructions if you have a LB.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dhickory For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 60

494 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhickory

As long as the ROM is based off of stock Sony firmware you are good. Look for the "LB" (lockedbootloader) tag withing the ROM title, and you should also see instructions if you have a LB.

Thankyou..how about rooting? Again I have a tmobile C6606 on 10.3.1.E.0.191 I saw couple root methods but not sure if my device is supported. I've been seeing lots of I bricked my device thread so just trying to be cautious
7th February 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 53

174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcviado

Thankyou..how about rooting? Again I have a tmobile C6606 on 10.3.1.E.0.191 I saw couple root methods but not sure if my device is supported. I've been seeing lots of I bricked my device thread so just trying to be cautious

I can't remember what t-mobile firmware I was on (6 months ago) when I rooted, but I know I used a @DooMLoRD method...I think this one (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2386405)

You can always use flashtool to install a generic .67 FTF, then root and install recovery. This is the safest way to go, but you will lose t-mobile specific functions like wifi calling, but also t-mobile bloat. If you are looking to install a custom stock ROM then you will be losing these functions anyways.

Just make sure you get the latest flashtool and drivers - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635830.

EDIT: Actually I believe I used this method (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2327472) to root as I was on the .166 firmware. The method above is what you want as .67 is what you'll need if making the jump to 4.3.
Last edited by Dhickory; 7th February 2014 at 09:47 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread