Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Texting to email address

Tip us?

j7logan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Texting to email address

With my old phone, Atrix 4g, i was able to send a text to an email address and have it stay in sms format. Now with my Xperia Z, when i try to text to and email address it converts it to mms. I don't want this to happen as i don't want to eat up my plan's data. Is there a fix or a setting i need to change? Or is this inherent to kitkat?

Kocayine
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Sorry for not having any helpful answer, per se, but how could it stay in SMS format? I mean, it gotta be MMS to be transferred over the internet, which is how an email works, unlike SMS.

Maybe your Atrix 4g just didn't properly inform you about the fact it converted it into an mms?
Please quote my posts if you are replying to one of my posts, that way I'll get notified.

j7logan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocayine View Post
Sorry for not having any helpful answer, per se, but how could it stay in SMS format? I mean, it gotta be MMS to be transferred over the internet, which is how an email works, unlike SMS.

Maybe your Atrix 4g just didn't properly inform you about the fact it converted it into an mms?
With the Atrix, the data was not enabled nor was the wifi connected. It would just send an sms message to an email address with no issues at all.