[Q] Texting to email address

OP j7logan

9th June 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
With my old phone, Atrix 4g, i was able to send a text to an email address and have it stay in sms format. Now with my Xperia Z, when i try to text to and email address it converts it to mms. I don't want this to happen as i don't want to eat up my plan's data. Is there a fix or a setting i need to change? Or is this inherent to kitkat?
9th June 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 162

1,119 posts
Sorry for not having any helpful answer, per se, but how could it stay in SMS format? I mean, it gotta be MMS to be transferred over the internet, which is how an email works, unlike SMS.

Maybe your Atrix 4g just didn't properly inform you about the fact it converted it into an mms?
9th June 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocayine

Sorry for not having any helpful answer, per se, but how could it stay in SMS format? I mean, it gotta be MMS to be transferred over the internet, which is how an email works, unlike SMS.

Maybe your Atrix 4g just didn't properly inform you about the fact it converted it into an mms?

With the Atrix, the data was not enabled nor was the wifi connected. It would just send an sms message to an email address with no issues at all.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread