FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

What to backup!!!

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By mayankgamer, Member on 22nd February 2014, 03:51 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
What do I need to backup to upgrade to android 4.4 so that I can restore my phone to an original state and get my warranty back.
 
 
22nd February 2014, 10:50 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankgamer

What do I need to backup to upgrade to android 4.4 so that I can restore my phone to an original state and get my warranty back.

First of all,4.4 roms available right now are only for unlocked bootloaders
before unlocking your bootloader,take a backup of TA partition (this helps to relock it in the future)
Also before flashing the new rom take a nandroid backup of your current rom (this will help you get back to your phone's current state if u wish after using any other roms)
23rd February 2014, 08:34 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thanks,Can you tell me how to take nandroid backup.
23rd February 2014, 09:13 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankgamer

Thanks,Can you tell me how to take nandroid backup.

Yeah just go into cwm/twrp recovery and then select backup and it will be done
The Following User Says Thank You to Rzr92 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 12:40 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzr92

Yeah just go into cwm/twrp recovery and then select backup and it will be done

What will happen if i don't make a nandroid backup
23rd February 2014, 12:43 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankgamer

What will happen if i don't make a nandroid backup

Nandroid backup is needed to return back easily to your current rom
Its not necessary to make but i still recommend to have it in case you face any problems with the 4.4 roms
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes