XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New to sony

Tip us?

The_Flashaholic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default New to sony

Hey guys i am new to sony yesterday i flashedy xperia z in.flashtool to android 4.3 and.it booted flawlessly today i want to unlock the bootloader , my bootloader is unlockable but someone told me i should downgrade first is that right?!

Sent from my sexy xperia Z using xda app-developers app

Tommy-Geenexus
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Flashaholic View Post
Hey guys i am new to sony yesterday i flashedy xperia z in.flashtool to android 4.3 and.it booted flawlessly today i want to unlock the bootloader , my bootloader is unlockable but someone told me i should downgrade first is that right?!

Sent from my sexy xperia Z using xda app-developers app
No you don't need to downgrade.

Only if you own a z1 you have to upgrade to 4.3 or your cam focus will be broken.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

Devices:
Nexus 5
Xperia Z
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy-Geenexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eryen
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Dont forget to backup ta partition. Unlocking bootloader will void your warranty and wipe all data in phone.

You can restore ta partition to return back factory state with drm certificates.

to backup ta partition you have to be rooted.
if your phone is not rooted yet, only way is downgrade to 4.2.2, which can be rooted.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to eryen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]