Tip us?

plotinus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
Default Back to stock

Hello I have an xperia z c6602 I'm currently using pac man rom with meow kernel
My bootloader is unlocked and I want to go back to stock

I have a CWM backup of my stock rom. And a backup of my TA partition (i read it was useful)

How do I go back to stock? Can I just restore my CWM backup? Or I have to flash through Emma? How do I restore my ta backup?

Can someone be so kind to guide in a newbie way please? (I'm use to play around with Samsung devices. This is really different!)
Xperia Z

xIceCream
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by plotinus View Post
Hello I have an xperia z c6602 I'm currently using pac man rom with meow kernel
My bootloader is unlocked and I want to go back to stock

I have a CWM backup of my stock rom. And a backup of my TA partition (i read it was useful)

How do I go back to stock? Can I just restore my CWM backup? Or I have to flash through Emma? How do I restore my ta backup?

Can someone be so kind to guide in a newbie way please? (I'm use to play around with Samsung devices. This is really different!)
Hello, I was on pac rom few days ago as well, then i decided to try miui which is based on stock.

So here's the steps:

BACK UP ALL YOUR INTERNAL SD FILES AND FOLDERS because flashing ftf will erase everything inside internal sd, I never did a backup, lost all the chats and messages.

copy all the flashable .zip u want to your sd card.

Flash a stock .ftf file .67 / .74 will do, then root it with any method u want

then flash original kernel using flashtool

then reboot str8 to recovery and proceed to do a clean wipe then flash any stock custom rom you want.

let me know if you have any doubts or question here.
The Following User Says Thank You to xIceCream For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jambu95
Old
Thanks Meter 28
My method is
1.Backup everything, photos, messages, app data using titanium backup, literally everything you need.
2.Store backups somewhere safe, especially titanium backup file(the whole thing).
3.Flash back stock rom and wiping everything.
4.Relock bootloader.
5.Now you have a clean phone, root it again and restore titanium backup app datas,
But be sure to only restore games, apps, but not system files, it may causes crash.
6.Restore the rest of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jambu95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

plotinus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by xIceCream View Post
Hello, I was on pac rom few days ago as well, then i decided to try miui which is based on stock.

So here's the steps:

BACK UP ALL YOUR INTERNAL SD FILES AND FOLDERS because flashing ftf will erase everything inside internal sd, I never did a backup, lost all the chats and messages.

copy all the flashable .zip u want to your sd card.

Flash a stock .ftf file .67 / .74 will do, then root it with any method u want

then flash original kernel using flashtool

then reboot str8 to recovery and proceed to do a clean wipe then flash any stock custom rom you want.

let me know if you have any doubts or question here.
Thanks for the replies! Do you know how to restore my ta backup? Or by flashing the stock rom it would be the same? If not. At what part of the process should I do it?
Xperia Z

Jambu95
Old
(Last edited by Jambu95; 13th December 2013 at 09:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by plotinus View Post
Thanks for the replies! Do you know how to restore my ta backup? Or by flashing the stock rom it would be the same? If not. At what part of the process should I do it?
restore ta backup is the last step basically, ( after flashing stock kernel and stock rom)
i think you used the backup ta for windows from one thread if i'm not wrong,
just restore dry run just to make sure the ta is correct and then just restore it
(the phone should be power on like normal, with usb debugging on)

for your concern, cwm backup also can be used, just restore it and it's done, but, the app data and all other things will return to the state during the time you made the backup, so the progress you did in this custom rom wil not be saved, unless you used titanium backup after you restore nandroid.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jambu95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

plotinus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
Excellent! Thanks man I will restore my backup and restore TA. And yes. I used a Windows tool to make the ta backup (don't even know what's that for. I just read it was important) haha

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Xperia Z