Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 53,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Touchscreen broken, insurance company will replace it, how to backup data?

Tip us?

thehosh
Old
(Last edited by thehosh; 22nd April 2014 at 12:43 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Touchscreen broken, insurance company will replace it, how to backup data?

Hi all,

I've got an Sony xperia z and recently the touchscreen broke so the only input my phone has is the volume buttons, and the power button. I've called up my insurance company and they've agreed to replace it. My problem is that I need my data backed up before I send it off to my insurance company, but I've no idea how I can do so. It isn't rooted at the moment (running 4.3 stock). What can I do to back up my data? If possible also back up app data?

I'm quite confident with CLI if required and also happy to root it if required as long as there is a way to do so WITHOUT interacting with the touchscreen (as currently nothing is captured by it). USB debugging is already on.

Also I've already got Teamviewer QuickSupport installed, so if there's a way to temporarily control it until I can get it started, that's also possible.

Thanks in advance!

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehosh View Post
Hi all,

I've got an Sony xperia z and recently the touchscreen broke so the only input my phone has is the volume buttons, and the power button. I've called up my insurance company and they've agreed to replace it. My problem is that I need my data backed up before I send it off to my insurance company, but I've no idea how I can do so. It isn't rooted at the moment (running 4.3 stock). What can I do to back up my data? If possible also back up app data?

I'm quite confident with CLI if required and also happy to root it if required as long as there is a way to do so WITHOUT interacting with the touchscreen (as currently nothing is captured by it). USB debugging is already on.

Also I've already got Teamviewer QuickSupport installed, so if there's a way to temporarily control it until I can get it started, that's also possible.

Thanks in advance!
Use an otg cable und plug in a mouse. With that you can unlock the screen. Then plug it into your pc and get your data
"We're here for a good time, not a long time" - Colin McRae
You can't control the wind, but you can set your sails
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” - Mark Twain
The Following User Says Thank You to St.Jimmy90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
broken, touchscreen