Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 50,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Touchscreen doens't work. Can't unlock my phone.

Tip us?

AsafteiLaurentiu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy [Q] Touchscreen doens't work. Can't unlock my phone.

Hello!

I have a problem with my Sony Xperia Z.

The touch screen doesn't work anymore since last night when he went crazy, uncontrollably went through various settings submenus where he made changes, and after that the touchscreen has nt worked anymore, and now if I give him any command he doesn't answer.

I want to go with my phone at service, by Monday because is not opened in the weekend's.

But, at the service, they will make a general reset and I will lose all my data.

I want to make a back-up of the phone, but since I have a pattern, PC companion is telling me that he can't connect with the phone unless I unlock it, and I can't...

Please, give me a solution in order to make this back-up and to avoid the losing of the data when I will go at the service.

I don't want to lose my data...

If is necessary, I will make the proof that we are talking about my phone and I don't need this information in order to make a back-up at a locked phone on which I don't know the pattern.

Please help ...

Thanks!

androidtweaker1
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsafteiLaurentiu View Post
Hello!

I have a problem with my Sony Xperia Z.

The touch screen doesn't work anymore since last night when he went crazy, uncontrollably went through various settings submenus where he made changes, and after that the touchscreen has nt worked anymore, and now if I give him any command he doesn't answer.

I want to go with my phone at service, by Monday because is not opened in the weekend's.

But, at the service, they will make a general reset and I will lose all my data.

I want to make a back-up of the phone, but since I have a pattern, PC companion is telling me that he can't connect with the phone unless I unlock it, and I can't...

Please, give me a solution in order to make this back-up and to avoid the losing of the data when I will go at the service.

I don't want to lose my data...

If is necessary, I will make the proof that we are talking about my phone and I don't need this information in order to make a back-up at a locked phone on which I don't know the pattern.

Please help ...

Thanks!
Can help you PM me
Hit thanks if helped

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you ― John Bunyan”

Current Devices
Sony Xperia Z:Stock 4.4.4 Rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Dirty Unicorns

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 2,271
If you connect a mouse via a USB OTG cable, you should be able to interact with your phone that way.

AsafteiLaurentiu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
@androidtweaker1: thanks for your intention to flash my phone in order to obtain the dates.
@kingvortex: I bought the cable and is working!

androidtweaker1
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsafteiLaurentiu View Post
@androidtweaker1: thanks for your intention to flash my phone in order to obtain the dates.
@kingvortex: I bought the cable and is working!
good to hear, cheers
Hit thanks if helped

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you ― John Bunyan”

Current Devices
Sony Xperia Z:Stock 4.4.4 Rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Dirty Unicorns
The Following User Says Thank You to androidtweaker1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 2,271
Happy to help. 😃