Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

[Q] trouble with recovery..

OP rockyy

2nd July 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 89

198 posts
hello, i wanted to install the TWRP recovery.. and i used this guide: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/187 .. i got no error in the terminal and it said copied correct bla bla and i rebooted the phone.. but i still cant get in the recovery (no light bumps up on boot/shutdown) what went wrong?

now i wanted to use the XZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.132-BETA.installer.zip but can i just use it? because i used already an other guide and i dont want to brick my phone...

and the file is named "lockeddualrecovery" why locked?

my bootloader isnt unlocked (bootloader unlock ALLOWED: yes) but why should i unlock it? what advantage my phone will get when i unlock it? i can root it, i can use recoveries.. for what the unlock? i googled.. and no one asked about this.. all want to unlock but i want to know why
Last edited by rockyy; 2nd July 2014 at 08:54 PM.
2nd July 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 544

3,291 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyy

hello, i wanted to install the TWRP recovery.. and i used this guide: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/187 .. i got no error in the terminal and it said copied correct bla bla and i rebooted the phone.. but i still cant get in the recovery (no light bumps up on boot/shutdown) what went wrong?

now i wanted to use the XZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.132-BETA.installer.zip but can i just use it? because i used already an other guide and i dont want to brick my phone...

my bootloader isnt unlocked (bootloader unlock ALLOWED: yes) but why should i unlock it? what advantage my phone will get when i unlock it? i can root it, i can use recoveries.. for what the unlock? i googled.. and no one asked about this.. all want to unlock but i want to know why

first of all hi!

you dont need to unlock your bootloader to install it!

its called LOCKED maybe because its work on locked bootloaders too!

use THIS
to install DUAL RECOVERY BY @[NUT] !!!!

happy recovery installing

Xperia™ Z (C6602) with tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to androidfreak70 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #3  
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 121

379 posts
More
Quote:

go ahead with dual recovery. it won't brick your phone.
locked means it can be installed in locked bootloader.
unlocking bootloader lets you install custom roms like cyanogenmod, omnirom etc which are close to stock android something like in nexus devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to anagramgenius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

198 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagramgenius

go ahead with dual recovery. it won't brick your phone.
locked means it can be installed in locked bootloader.
unlocking bootloader lets you install custom roms like cyanogenmod, omnirom etc which are close to stock android something like in nexus devices.

okay thanks.. dual recovery works fine.. :P
can i use custom kernels?
3rd July 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #5  
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 121

379 posts
More
Quote:

okay thanks.. dual recovery works fine.. :P
can i use custom kernels?

sure. but only if you unlock bootloader.
3rd July 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

198 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagramgenius

sure. but only if you unlock bootloader.

ah ok. thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread