Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 39,050 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] trouble with recovery..

Tip us?

rockyy
Old
(Last edited by rockyy; 2nd July 2014 at 08:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Default [Q] trouble with recovery..

hello, i wanted to install the TWRP recovery.. and i used this guide: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/187 .. i got no error in the terminal and it said copied correct bla bla and i rebooted the phone.. but i still cant get in the recovery (no light bumps up on boot/shutdown) what went wrong?

now i wanted to use the XZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.132-BETA.installer.zip but can i just use it? because i used already an other guide and i dont want to brick my phone...

and the file is named "lockeddualrecovery" why locked?

my bootloader isnt unlocked (bootloader unlock ALLOWED: yes) but why should i unlock it? what advantage my phone will get when i unlock it? i can root it, i can use recoveries.. for what the unlock? i googled.. and no one asked about this.. all want to unlock but i want to know why

androidfreak70
Old
Thanks Meter 227

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyy View Post
hello, i wanted to install the TWRP recovery.. and i used this guide: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/187 .. i got no error in the terminal and it said copied correct bla bla and i rebooted the phone.. but i still cant get in the recovery (no light bumps up on boot/shutdown) what went wrong?

now i wanted to use the XZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.132-BETA.installer.zip but can i just use it? because i used already an other guide and i dont want to brick my phone...

my bootloader isnt unlocked (bootloader unlock ALLOWED: yes) but why should i unlock it? what advantage my phone will get when i unlock it? i can root it, i can use recoveries.. for what the unlock? i googled.. and no one asked about this.. all want to unlock but i want to know why
first of all hi!

you dont need to unlock your bootloader to install it!

its called LOCKED maybe because its work on locked bootloaders too!

use THIS
to install DUAL RECOVERY BY @[NUT] !!!!

happy recovery installing

Xperia™ Z (C6602) with tapatalk
THATS FROM MY XPERIA™ Z
With:

Android 4.4.2
---------------------------------------------------
don't forget hit thanks if helped
-----------------------------------------------------
and ALWAYS QUOTE my posts if you replying to my post!
The Following User Says Thank You to androidfreak70 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anagramgenius
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:

go ahead with dual recovery. it won't brick your phone.
locked means it can be installed in locked bootloader.
unlocking bootloader lets you install custom roms like cyanogenmod, omnirom etc which are close to stock android something like in nexus devices.
Xperia ZL
The Following User Says Thank You to anagramgenius For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rockyy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagramgenius View Post
go ahead with dual recovery. it won't brick your phone.
locked means it can be installed in locked bootloader.
unlocking bootloader lets you install custom roms like cyanogenmod, omnirom etc which are close to stock android something like in nexus devices.
okay thanks.. dual recovery works fine.. :P
can i use custom kernels?

anagramgenius
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
okay thanks.. dual recovery works fine.. :P
can i use custom kernels?
sure. but only if you unlock bootloader.
Xperia ZL

rockyy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagramgenius View Post
sure. but only if you unlock bootloader.
ah ok. thanks!