FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] trouble with recovery..

2nd July 2014, 08:17 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
More
hello, i wanted to install the TWRP recovery.. and i used this guide: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/187 .. i got no error in the terminal and it said copied correct bla bla and i rebooted the phone.. but i still cant get in the recovery (no light bumps up on boot/shutdown) what went wrong?

now i wanted to use the XZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.132-BETA.installer.zip but can i just use it? because i used already an other guide and i dont want to brick my phone...

and the file is named "lockeddualrecovery" why locked?


my bootloader isnt unlocked (bootloader unlock ALLOWED: yes) but why should i unlock it? what advantage my phone will get when i unlock it? i can root it, i can use recoveries.. for what the unlock? i googled.. and no one asked about this.. all want to unlock but i want to know why
Last edited by rockyy; 2nd July 2014 at 08:54 PM.
 
 
2nd July 2014, 09:05 PM |#2  
androidfreak70's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 640
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyy

hello, i wanted to install the TWRP recovery.. and i used this guide: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/187 .. i got no error in the terminal and it said copied correct bla bla and i rebooted the phone.. but i still cant get in the recovery (no light bumps up on boot/shutdown) what went wrong?

now i wanted to use the XZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.132-BETA.installer.zip but can i just use it? because i used already an other guide and i dont want to brick my phone...

and the file is named "lockeddualrecovery" why locked?


my bootloader isnt unlocked (bootloader unlock ALLOWED: yes) but why should i unlock it? what advantage my phone will get when i unlock it? i can root it, i can use recoveries.. for what the unlock? i googled.. and no one asked about this.. all want to unlock but i want to know why

first of all hi!

you dont need to unlock your bootloader to install it!

its called LOCKED maybe because its work on locked bootloaders too!

use THIS
to install DUAL RECOVERY BY @[NUT] !!!!

happy recovery installing


Xperia™ Z (C6602) with tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to androidfreak70 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 03:48 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 201
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyy

hello, i wanted to install the TWRP recovery.. and i used this guide: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/187 .. i got no error in the terminal and it said copied correct bla bla and i rebooted the phone.. but i still cant get in the recovery (no light bumps up on boot/shutdown) what went wrong?

now i wanted to use the XZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.132-BETA.installer.zip but can i just use it? because i used already an other guide and i dont want to brick my phone...

and the file is named "lockeddualrecovery" why locked?


my bootloader isnt unlocked (bootloader unlock ALLOWED: yes) but why should i unlock it? what advantage my phone will get when i unlock it? i can root it, i can use recoveries.. for what the unlock? i googled.. and no one asked about this.. all want to unlock but i want to know why

go ahead with dual recovery. it won't brick your phone.
locked means it can be installed in locked bootloader.
unlocking bootloader lets you install custom roms like cyanogenmod, omnirom etc which are close to stock android something like in nexus devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to anagramgenius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 04:44 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagramgenius

go ahead with dual recovery. it won't brick your phone.
locked means it can be installed in locked bootloader.
unlocking bootloader lets you install custom roms like cyanogenmod, omnirom etc which are close to stock android something like in nexus devices.

okay thanks.. dual recovery works fine.. :P
can i use custom kernels?
3rd July 2014, 04:48 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 201
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyy

okay thanks.. dual recovery works fine.. :P
can i use custom kernels?

sure. but only if you unlock bootloader.
3rd July 2014, 10:03 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagramgenius

sure. but only if you unlock bootloader.

ah ok. thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes