Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 39,826 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlocking T-Mobile Xperia Z

Tip us?

alanjolly123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Phone Unlocking T-Mobile Xperia Z

Hey ppl i tried the forum but couldn't find an answer. So if i tried flashing the xperia z locked to t-mobile with the generic firmware using flash tool,can i bypass the carrier-lock and get a network connection.I think it should work.

Also is it possible to flash the generic firmware on this one??

thanks in advance

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 2,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjolly123 View Post
Hey ppl i tried the forum but couldn't find an answer. So if i tried flashing the xperia z locked to t-mobile with the generic firmware using flash tool,can i bypass the carrier-lock and get a network connection.I think it should work.

Also is it possible to flash the generic firmware on this one??

thanks in advance
No. Carrier/network/sim lock will not be removed by flashing a generic rom. The only way to unlock our phone is with an unlock code, either from your carrier or an online seller.
Generic software can be flashed to the T-Mobile Z.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

alanjolly123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex View Post
No. Carrier/network/sim lock will not be removed by flashing a generic rom. The only way to unlock our phone is with an unlock code, either from your carrier or an online seller.
Generic software can be flashed to the T-Mobile Z.

Well i thought simlock was a software restriction only.. THanks anyways..Anyway other than obataining a code??

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 2,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjolly123 View Post
Well i thought simlock was a software restriction only.. THanks anyways..Anyway other than obataining a code??
It is a software restriction, but the sim lock status is kept in a secure area that cannot be edited without hard bricking the phone (the TA partition). Because of this, there is no unofficial way to sim unlock the phone.