Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Update Center

OP bloodsuckingcomputer

8th February 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #1  
bloodsuckingcomputer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 36
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
I have a habit of uninstalling most of sony app right on the first moment I see it, and recently, after I updated my Z to 4.3,as usual, I straight away uninstall all the sony's app.And today I read somewhere saying that there is an update for bluetooth problem that persist the 4.3 Z.And I want to install that.But my update center app is already gone. I tried installing it back using my titanium backup but fail, probably because that was the one from 4.2.2.Tried decompiling the whole 4.3 ftf and install it as normal apk also fail.Now, I need an advice of how to get it back in?

Thanks in advance.
8th February 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474
 
1,815 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsuckingcomputer

I have a habit of uninstalling most of sony app right on the first moment I see it, and recently, after I updated my Z to 4.3,as usual, I straight away uninstall all the sony's app.And today I read somewhere saying that there is an update for bluetooth problem that persist the 4.3 Z.And I want to install that.But my update center app is already gone. I tried installing it back using my titanium backup but fail, probably because that was the one from 4.2.2.Tried decompiling the whole 4.3 ftf and install it as normal apk also fail.Now, I need an advice of how to get it back in?

Thanks in advance.

wait wtf. i cant uninstall update centre on my Z..
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
401 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsuckingcomputer

I have a habit of uninstalling most of sony app right on the first moment I see it, and recently, after I updated my Z to 4.3,as usual, I straight away uninstall all the sony's app.And today I read somewhere saying that there is an update for bluetooth problem that persist the 4.3 Z.And I want to install that.But my update center app is already gone. I tried installing it back using my titanium backup but fail, probably because that was the one from 4.2.2.Tried decompiling the whole 4.3 ftf and install it as normal apk also fail.Now, I need an advice of how to get it back in?

Thanks in advance.

after decompiling the whole 4.3 ftf , take the apk of update center and place it in system/app and set right permissions (rw-r-r) ,reboot device , it should work
The Following User Says Thank You to elias234 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #4  
bloodsuckingcomputer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 36
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzy1912

wait wtf. i cant uninstall update centre on my Z..

Titanium Backup my friend, root needed(I am very sure you have that),and you can pretty much uninstall anything until there is nothing left.Be careful with it.Try and look for a list of safe app to uninstall, or you could mess it up pretty bad.I am, however, envy the amount of thanks given to you, and unbelievably, you don't know that it is possible uninstall those apps.In my phone, there is like nothing left from sony stock app except walkman.

Glad I could help.
8th February 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #5  
kingvortex's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,117
 
4,211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
It's quite likely that an OTA update will fail if you have removed apps from /system/app as they usually include a check of /system before proceeding with the update.
You will probably have to update via PC companion or Flashtool.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474
 
1,815 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsuckingcomputer

Titanium Backup my friend, root needed(I am very sure you have that),and you can pretty much uninstall anything until there is nothing left.Be careful with it.Try and look for a list of safe app to uninstall, or you could mess it up pretty bad.I am, however, envy the amount of thanks given to you, and unbelievably, you don't know that it is possible uninstall those apps.In my phone, there is like nothing left from sony stock app except walkman.

Glad I could help.

thats sort of the risky thing about uninstalling system apps, you have to be 100percent certain or it could take a bit of effort to restore it haha
usually what i do is i just go into settings>apps and disable the system apps i don't want.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #7  
bloodsuckingcomputer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 36
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

It's quite likely that an OTA update will fail if you have removed apps from /system/app as they usually include a check of /system before proceeding with the update.
You will probably have to update via PC companion or Flashtool.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Completely forgotten, it is true, to think about it again, I have never been able to get ota updates. I feel damn stupid now.
9th February 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474
 
1,815 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsuckingcomputer

Completely forgotten, it is true, to think about it again, I have never been able to get ota updates. I feel damn stupid now.

everyone makes mistakes, dont worry too much
just remember, the device maker doesn't allow people to do some things for a reason, so before you think of finding a way around it, you should think of the consequences and what might go wrong
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #9  
bloodsuckingcomputer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 36
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzy1912

everyone makes mistakes, dont worry too much
just remember, the device maker doesn't allow people to do some things for a reason, so before you think of finding a way around it, you should think of the consequences and what might go wrong

Rings true to it. But that would never change my thought of xperia home is damn sluggish. Hate that piece of crap. Don't deserve to be inside my phone. Better off freeing some space for something else in my opinion. But, opinion is like an asshole, everyone have one

The Following User Says Thank You to bloodsuckingcomputer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes