Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update Center

Tip us?

bloodsuckingcomputer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Default Update Center

I have a habit of uninstalling most of sony app right on the first moment I see it, and recently, after I updated my Z to 4.3,as usual, I straight away uninstall all the sony's app.And today I read somewhere saying that there is an update for bluetooth problem that persist the 4.3 Z.And I want to install that.But my update center app is already gone. I tried installing it back using my titanium backup but fail, probably because that was the one from 4.2.2.Tried decompiling the whole 4.3 ftf and install it as normal apk also fail.Now, I need an advice of how to get it back in?

Thanks in advance.

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsuckingcomputer View Post
I have a habit of uninstalling most of sony app right on the first moment I see it, and recently, after I updated my Z to 4.3,as usual, I straight away uninstall all the sony's app.And today I read somewhere saying that there is an update for bluetooth problem that persist the 4.3 Z.And I want to install that.But my update center app is already gone. I tried installing it back using my titanium backup but fail, probably because that was the one from 4.2.2.Tried decompiling the whole 4.3 ftf and install it as normal apk also fail.Now, I need an advice of how to get it back in?

Thanks in advance.
wait wtf. i cant uninstall update centre on my Z..
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elias234
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
after decompiling the whole 4.3 ftf , take the apk of update center and place it in system/app and set right permissions (rw-r-r) ,reboot device , it should work
The Following User Says Thank You to elias234 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bloodsuckingcomputer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzy1912 View Post
wait wtf. i cant uninstall update centre on my Z..
Titanium Backup my friend, root needed(I am very sure you have that),and you can pretty much uninstall anything until there is nothing left.Be careful with it.Try and look for a list of safe app to uninstall, or you could mess it up pretty bad.I am, however, envy the amount of thanks given to you, and unbelievably, you don't know that it is possible uninstall those apps.In my phone, there is like nothing left from sony stock app except walkman.

Glad I could help.

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 2009
It's quite likely that an OTA update will fail if you have removed apps from /system/app as they usually include a check of /system before proceeding with the update.
You will probably have to update via PC companion or Flashtool.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 446
Quote:
Titanium Backup my friend, root needed(I am very sure you have that),and you can pretty much uninstall anything until there is nothing left.Be careful with it.Try and look for a list of safe app to uninstall, or you could mess it up pretty bad.I am, however, envy the amount of thanks given to you, and unbelievably, you don't know that it is possible uninstall those apps.In my phone, there is like nothing left from sony stock app except walkman.

Glad I could help.
thats sort of the risky thing about uninstalling system apps, you have to be 100percent certain or it could take a bit of effort to restore it haha
usually what i do is i just go into settings>apps and disable the system apps i don't want.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bloodsuckingcomputer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex View Post
It's quite likely that an OTA update will fail if you have removed apps from /system/app as they usually include a check of /system before proceeding with the update.
You will probably have to update via PC companion or Flashtool.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Completely forgotten, it is true, to think about it again, I have never been able to get ota updates. I feel damn stupid now.

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 446
Quote:
Completely forgotten, it is true, to think about it again, I have never been able to get ota updates. I feel damn stupid now.
everyone makes mistakes, dont worry too much
just remember, the device maker doesn't allow people to do some things for a reason, so before you think of finding a way around it, you should think of the consequences and what might go wrong

bloodsuckingcomputer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzy1912 View Post
everyone makes mistakes, dont worry too much
just remember, the device maker doesn't allow people to do some things for a reason, so before you think of finding a way around it, you should think of the consequences and what might go wrong
Rings true to it. But that would never change my thought of xperia home is damn sluggish. Hate that piece of crap. Don't deserve to be inside my phone. Better off freeing some space for something else in my opinion. But, opinion is like an asshole, everyone have one

The Following User Says Thank You to bloodsuckingcomputer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]