Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,370 Members 37,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock Kitkat or Mod Rom? doubt

Tip us?
 
HeisenbergBB
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default Stock Kitkat or Mod Rom? doubt

Hello everyone I have a doubt.

I have kitkat 4.4.2 and as others have battery problems. (Maximum of 2 and a half hours of screen, not arriving at 7-8 pm in the evening with normal use.)

It's better stock rom or mod rom? (for example: Stock rom 4.3, 4.4.2 or mod rom based on stock firmware: MW v2, CriskeloROM, eXistenZ SpikeLabs etc. )

Sorry for my English.

<< Ciao a tutti ho un dubbio

Ho kitkat 4.4.2 e come altri ho il problema della batteria (massimo 2 ore e mezzo di schermo e non arrivo alle 7-8 di sera con uso normale)

Sono migliori le rom stock o le rom mod basate su un firmware stock ? ( per esempio: rom stock 4.3 4.4.2 oppure le rom mod basate su firmware stock come MW v2, CriskeloROM, eXistenZ SpikeLabs ecc)

Scusate il mio inglese>>
 
androidfreak70
Old
#2  
androidfreak70's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 371
Posts: 2,047
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: here!

 
DONATE TO ME
The best choise is stock based rom or as you say modded rom

Xperia™ Z (C6602) with Tapatalk
THATS FROM MY XPERIA™ Z
Running Rajeev's
ROM
---------------------------------------------------
don't forget hit thanks if helped
-----------------------------------------------------
and ALWAYS QUOTE my posts if you replying to my post!
The Following User Says Thank You to androidfreak70 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
androidtweaker1
Old
#3  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 209
Posts: 715
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeisenbergBB View Post
Hello everyone I have a doubt.

I have kitkat 4.4.2 and as others have battery problems. (Maximum of 2 and a half hours of screen, not arriving at 7-8 pm in the evening with normal use.)

It's better stock rom or mod rom? (for example: Stock rom 4.3, 4.4.2 or mod rom based on stock firmware: MW v2, CriskeloROM, eXistenZ SpikeLabs etc. )

Sorry for my English.

<< Ciao a tutti ho un dubbio

Ho kitkat 4.4.2 e come altri ho il problema della batteria (massimo 2 ore e mezzo di schermo e non arrivo alle 7-8 di sera con uso normale)

Sono migliori le rom stock o le rom mod basate su un firmware stock ? ( per esempio: rom stock 4.3 4.4.2 oppure le rom mod basate su firmware stock come MW v2, CriskeloROM, eXistenZ SpikeLabs ecc)

Scusate il mio inglese>>
You can root the stock ROM and under-clock the processor a bit if you don't use processor intensive apps
Hit thanks if helped

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you ― John Bunyan”


Current Devices
Sony Xperia Z: Stock 4.4.2 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Dirty Unicorns
The Following User Says Thank You to androidtweaker1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Zewarxx
Old
#4  
Zewarxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 255
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maykop
For me Parandroid is way better than the stock room :/ i was on stock all the time and now i regret that i didnt change it earlier

Hit thanks if i helped
phones:
Sony Z (c6603) running stock 4.4.2 locked bootloader rooted
xperia x8 running gdx 31b locked bootloader
 
HeisenbergBB
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zewarxx View Post
For me Parandroid is way better than the stock room :/ i was on stock all the time and now i regret that i didnt change it earlier
Camera works perfectly?
 
androidtweaker1
Old
#6  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 209
Posts: 715
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeisenbergBB View Post
Camera works perfectly?
If your phone is in warranty suggest you not to unlock bootloader

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeisenbergBB View Post
Camera works perfectly?
Regarding camera check the thread by the same guy

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeisenbergBB View Post
Camera works perfectly?
Flash doom kernel instead of flashing a new ROM all-together
Hit thanks if helped

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you ― John Bunyan”


Current Devices
Sony Xperia Z: Stock 4.4.2 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Dirty Unicorns
The Following User Says Thank You to androidtweaker1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Zewarxx
Old
#7  
Zewarxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 255
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maykop
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeisenbergBB View Post
Camera works perfectly?
there's google camera app !! but other than the camera i miss nothing about sony's stock rom and my phone is out of warranty anyway
i installed : walkman. movies, album apps and they work perfectly and now i'm having almost 1 gb free ram
ive whatsaap instagram snapshat viber facebook and facebook messenger working all the time
one more thing the xperia keyboard wont work anymore and you will have to use another keyboard ( in my case swiftkey )

Hit thanks if i helped
phones:
Sony Z (c6603) running stock 4.4.2 locked bootloader rooted
xperia x8 running gdx 31b locked bootloader
 
rockyy
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 195
Join Date: Apr 2012
im also looking for a "smooth" rom.. i dont like this laggy menus.. i tried Stock, Stock with XZkernel, existenz 7.0... all are laggy.. whats wrong? no one able to fix the lags? when scrolling down i feel using a nokia from 2002... even my Nokia 5800 was more smooth than this..
 
androidtweaker1
Old
#9  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 209
Posts: 715
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyy View Post
im also looking for a "smooth" rom.. i dont like this laggy menus.. i tried Stock, Stock with XZkernel, existenz 7.0... all are laggy.. whats wrong? no one able to fix the lags? when scrolling down i feel using a nokia from 2002... even my Nokia 5800 was more smooth than this..
give moonwalker superb v2 a shot
Hit thanks if helped

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you ― John Bunyan”


Current Devices
Sony Xperia Z: Stock 4.4.2 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Dirty Unicorns
The Following User Says Thank You to androidtweaker1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
HeisenbergBB
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zewarxx View Post
For me Parandroid is way better than the stock room :/ i was on stock all the time and now i regret that i didnt change it earlier
What are the requirements for the rom?

that Recovery? bootloader unlocked or locked?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes