FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Updating before it rolls out to AU

24th May 2014, 01:39 AM |#1  
ZynexOG's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
My phone is carrier-unlocked when i bought it but i dont wanna wait for the carrier to rollout 4.4.

Can I flash the ftf without losing any data ?

bootloader locked
not rooted
android 4.3 (.101)
 
 
24th May 2014, 06:04 PM |#2  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 272
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZynexOG

My phone is carrier-unlocked when i bought it but i dont wanna wait for the carrier to rollout 4.4.

Can I flash the ftf without losing any data ?

bootloader locked
not rooted
android 4.3 (.101)

Which version is it?
Sony Xperia C6603, Sony Xperia C6602, Sony Xperia Z LTE
24th May 2014, 06:30 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
I thing you can flash any version of the firmware using the flashtool the is 3 check box on the right top corner to flash without wiping the data..

However...... I would advise do not install kitkat on top of the 4.3 without wiping data..

Don't rush, it is not that great, clam down. 4.4 is laggy, sound is shuttering and sd issue is really annoing, and there is no root so you will not be able to fix it... battery is .... ****ed up

Honestly you will regret...
Last edited by marcoplo; 24th May 2014 at 06:33 PM.
24th May 2014, 08:29 PM |#4  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 272
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoplo

I thing you can flash any version of the firmware using the flashtool the is 3 check box on the right top corner to flash without wiping the data..

However...... I would advise do not install kitkat on top of the 4.3 without wiping data..

Don't rush, it is not that great, clam down. 4.4 is laggy, sound is shuttering and sd issue is really annoing, and there is no root so you will not be able to fix it... battery is .... ****ed up

Honestly you will regret...

Doom lord has already released an updated kernel for 4.4, its already been rooted.
the lag issue can be sorted by tweaking in the animation setting in developer options.
I am not having either SD or sound stuttering issues.
Battery life is being consumed because of Google play services.

hit thanks if helped
Last edited by androidtweaker1; 24th May 2014 at 08:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to androidtweaker1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 10:21 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1

Doom lord has already released an updated kernel for 4.4, its already been rooted.
the lag issue can be sorted by tweaking in the animation setting in developer options.
I am not having either SD or sound stuttering issues.
Battery life is being consumed because of Google play services.

hit thanks if helped

The orginal guy who started this treat. Has a locked bootloader and no root, so sd permissions to copy and past in 4.4 need root to fix. To flash kernel you need bootloader Unlocked. Fixing Google services will be impossible To fix without Root
Last edited by marcoplo; 24th May 2014 at 10:24 PM.
25th May 2014, 12:47 AM |#6  
ZynexOG's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1

Which version is it?
Sony Xperia C6603, Sony Xperia C6602, Sony Xperia Z LTE

C6603.

Ok I used Xperia Z (C6603) 10.5.A.0.230 Commercial_And_Journalist(1270-4066) to update my phone, wiping the CACHE only. Worked flawlessly. Hopefully that re-assures anyone that is unsure of wanting to flash the .FTF

Impatience got me this time
Last edited by ZynexOG; 25th May 2014 at 03:43 AM. Reason: updated phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes