Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 40,817 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[URGENT] Help! My Xperia ZL won't boot-up unless connected to a USB power source

Tip us?

krsagar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 [URGENT] Help! My Xperia ZL won't boot-up unless connected to a USB power source

My Sony Xperia ZL is NOT booting up unless it has an external power supply. The phone vibrates, shows the SONY bootscreen, and then dies. Also, the phone runs perfectly until i disconnect it and it simply dies in the blink of an eye. I have an unlocked bootloader and was on CM10.2, flashed the stock ftf for 4.3, then 4.2, and yet nothing worked! My device is just around 8 months old and i doubt that my battery can be dead all of a sudden when it was giving decent backup until today!
(couldn't get a reply on the ZL forum that's why posting here)

gripfly
Old
Thanks Meter 249

DONATE TO ME
So you can't turn on your Z without an external power supply but If you turn it on with an external power supply, you get in a bootloop?

Did I understand it correctly?
CORRECT ME IF I MAKE MISTAKES, I WANNA LEARN THIS LANGUAGE AND IF YOU CAN HELP ME I WILL BE THANKFUL!

thanks

Hassan_AUS
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Are you able to boot it in fastboot? It may be worth wiping the phone and flashing the ZL stock firmware, that might work.
Tags
boot-loop, boot-up