[Q] water gone inside xperia Z

Search This thread

udyanth

Apr 18, 2012
went swimming today , water entered inside the phone somehow ,probably the flaps would have been loose!
as soon i went in ,the phone switched off . i took it out tried switching it on but how ever it didn't turn on.
tried to dry it , even tried removing all the water its been about 8 hours now still not switching on !

my question here is : will sony accept the warranty? cause my phone is barely 5 months old ! and its their manufacture problem that the flaps got loose and water went in .

will it switch on if i keep in dry rice for a day or 2 ? i mean does that really help !?

last question is , is it repairable or my phone is doomed?

St.Jimmy90

Jul 31, 2013
Frankfurt
went swimming today , water entered inside the phone somehow ,probably the flaps would have been loose!
as soon i went in ,the phone switched off . i took it out tried switching it on but how ever it didn't turn on.
tried to dry it , even tried removing all the water its been about 8 hours now still not switching on !

my question here is : will sony accept the warranty? cause my phone is barely 5 months old ! and its their manufacture problem that the flaps got loose and water went in .

will it switch on if i keep in dry rice for a day or 2 ? i mean does that really help !?

last question is , is it repairable or my phone is doomed?

It's your fault, you shouldn't have gone swimming with it, it wasn't made for that. I think Sony won't repair it, if they repair it they will most likely charge you a service fee for it.
Also trying to turn it on won't help, it'll make things even worse. Try to dry it in rice for a couple of days, DO NOT try to turn it on in the meanwhile.

Edit: see here:
http://userguide.sonymobile.com/ref...product=xperia-z#Water-resistance---Yuga.html
It says no swimming, no diving

Last edited:

udyanth

Apr 18, 2012
It's your fault, you shouldn't have gone swimming with it, it wasn't made for that. I think Sony won't repair it, if they repair it they will most likely charge you a service fee for it.
Also trying to turn it on won't help, it'll make things even worse. Try to dry it in rice for a couple of days, DO NOT try to turn it on in the meanwhile.

Edit: see here:
http://userguide.sonymobile.com/ref...product=xperia-z#Water-resistance---Yuga.html
It says no swimming, no diving

but is there hopes of it becoming fine ?

rajaganesan7

Apr 19, 2011
Salem
After I Put my Xperia Z into Water, Water Came Inside But Camera Goes Black Spot, Is a Lens Problem How to Repair this Problem? It's Not My Lap Screen Fault, I Taken a Sample Photo uploadfromtaptalk1399141963838.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

boyq

Apr 20, 2012
Try the service center and say that your phone got waterdamaged due to loose flaps.

That's what I did with mine since my headphone flap cover was very loose and it got spilled with water. The camera lens got foggy and audio port doesn't work. I turned it off but it never went on again no matter what i did. It turned out you shouldn't turn it back on in those cases.

4 days in rice bed didn't help so I tried the service center. I said the phone got waterdamaged due to loose headphone flap. The guy asked if i submerged it over 1m. I said no, it got spilled by water. He checked the loose flap and said they will check it and told me to prepare for any service charge.

I got it back after 2 weeks free-of-charge. They even replaced the headphone flap. Im gonna take care of the phone now.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

udyanth

Apr 18, 2012
Try the service center and say that your phone got waterdamaged due to loose flaps.

That's what I did with mine since my headphone flap cover was very loose and it got spilled with water. The camera lens got foggy and audio port doesn't work. I turned it off but it never went on again no matter what i did. It turned out you shouldn't turn it back on in those cases.

4 days in rice bed didn't help so I tried the service center. I said the phone got waterdamaged due to loose headphone flap. The guy asked if i submerged it over 1m. I said no, it got spilled by water. He checked the loose flap and said they will check it and told me to prepare for any service charge.

I got it back after 2 weeks free-of-charge. They even replaced the headphone flap. Im gonna take care of the phone now.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

omg are u serious? do we get a fully replaced phone for faulty flaps? cuz i have a feeling my flaps are faulty!! cuz i had clearly closed those flaps
..anyways how much would they charge if they dont replace it? any idea?

bobprobert

Feb 26, 2011
Cape Coral, Florida
damaged flaps on my wifes xz and got the water indicator pink. no water damage really my 2yo son chewed the flap and thats how it turned pink. when we sent it in to sony after it did the black screen brick they charged me $107 saying it was water damaged. tried to explain that it had nothing to do with liquid damage and that it was a well known issue with the phone and had even been acknowledged by sony but they didn't care and charged me anyways