Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,438 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] water gone inside xperia Z

Tip us?

udyanth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] water gone inside xperia Z

went swimming today , water entered inside the phone somehow ,probably the flaps would have been loose!
as soon i went in ,the phone switched off . i took it out tried switching it on but how ever it didn't turn on.
tried to dry it , even tried removing all the water its been about 8 hours now still not switching on !

my question here is : will sony accept the warranty? cause my phone is barely 5 months old ! and its their manufacture problem that the flaps got loose and water went in .

will it switch on if i keep in dry rice for a day or 2 ? i mean does that really help !?

last question is , is it repairable or my phone is doomed?

St.Jimmy90
Old
(Last edited by St.Jimmy90; 3rd May 2014 at 04:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by udyanth View Post
went swimming today , water entered inside the phone somehow ,probably the flaps would have been loose!
as soon i went in ,the phone switched off . i took it out tried switching it on but how ever it didn't turn on.
tried to dry it , even tried removing all the water its been about 8 hours now still not switching on !

my question here is : will sony accept the warranty? cause my phone is barely 5 months old ! and its their manufacture problem that the flaps got loose and water went in .

will it switch on if i keep in dry rice for a day or 2 ? i mean does that really help !?

last question is , is it repairable or my phone is doomed?

It's your fault, you shouldn't have gone swimming with it, it wasn't made for that. I think Sony won't repair it, if they repair it they will most likely charge you a service fee for it.
Also trying to turn it on won't help, it'll make things even worse. Try to dry it in rice for a couple of days, DO NOT try to turn it on in the meanwhile.

Edit: see here:
http://userguide.sonymobile.com/refe...ce---Yuga.html
It says no swimming, no diving
"We're here for a good time, not a long time" - Colin McRae
You can't control the wind, but you can set your sails

udyanth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90 View Post
It's your fault, you shouldn't have gone swimming with it, it wasn't made for that. I think Sony won't repair it, if they repair it they will most likely charge you a service fee for it.
Also trying to turn it on won't help, it'll make things even worse. Try to dry it in rice for a couple of days, DO NOT try to turn it on in the meanwhile.

Edit: see here:
http://userguide.sonymobile.com/refe...ce---Yuga.html
It says no swimming, no diving
but is there hopes of it becoming fine ?

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
I'd give it a try
"We're here for a good time, not a long time" - Colin McRae
You can't control the wind, but you can set your sails

Laurisss
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Not very much. and did you just caried it in your pocket and swimmed?
Even if i spilled my coke on it i would be worried.
And you don't have to say to SONY that you went swimming - you dropped it in your toilet.

udyanth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurisss View Post
Not very much.
it was in my hand i dipped it in..and it turned off !! i was like wtf?
then i realized water had gone in !

So you're saying that my phone is going to be dead for life and cannot be fixed????

rajaganesan7
Old
Thanks Meter 31
After I Put my Xperia Z into Water, Water Came Inside But Camera Goes Black Spot, Is a Lens Problem How to Repair this Problem? It's Not My Lap Screen Fault, I Taken a Sample PhotoClick image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399141963838.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	2723776

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

boyq
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Try the service center and say that your phone got waterdamaged due to loose flaps.

That's what I did with mine since my headphone flap cover was very loose and it got spilled with water. The camera lens got foggy and audio port doesn't work. I turned it off but it never went on again no matter what i did. It turned out you shouldn't turn it back on in those cases.

4 days in rice bed didn't help so I tried the service center. I said the phone got waterdamaged due to loose headphone flap. The guy asked if i submerged it over 1m. I said no, it got spilled by water. He checked the loose flap and said they will check it and told me to prepare for any service charge.

I got it back after 2 weeks free-of-charge. They even replaced the headphone flap. Im gonna take care of the phone now.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Model: Sony Xperia Z (C6603)
Android Version: 4.3
ROM: STOCK 10.4.B.0.569 DeODEXED
Kernel: STOCK 3.4.0
Rooted: Yes
Bootloader status: Locked

udyanth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyq View Post
Try the service center and say that your phone got waterdamaged due to loose flaps.

That's what I did with mine since my headphone flap cover was very loose and it got spilled with water. The camera lens got foggy and audio port doesn't work. I turned it off but it never went on again no matter what i did. It turned out you shouldn't turn it back on in those cases.

4 days in rice bed didn't help so I tried the service center. I said the phone got waterdamaged due to loose headphone flap. The guy asked if i submerged it over 1m. I said no, it got spilled by water. He checked the loose flap and said they will check it and told me to prepare for any service charge.

I got it back after 2 weeks free-of-charge. They even replaced the headphone flap. Im gonna take care of the phone now.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
omg are u serious? do we get a fully replaced phone for faulty flaps? cuz i have a feeling my flaps are faulty!! cuz i had clearly closed those flaps
..anyways how much would they charge if they dont replace it? any idea?

bobprobert
Old
Thanks Meter 28
damaged flaps on my wifes xz and got the water indicator pink. no water damage really my 2yo son chewed the flap and thats how it turned pink. when we sent it in to sony after it did the black screen brick they charged me $107 saying it was water damaged. tried to explain that it had nothing to do with liquid damage and that it was a well known issue with the phone and had even been acknowledged by sony but they didn't care and charged me anyways