Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Wifi always on

OP ahmadzxc

28th June 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #11  
Member
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 18
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsteppa

Uhm, I do think that it has been proven that, that actually uses more of your battery.


Ah...O.K ... I had better turn it off then and maybe my battery will last the whole week...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-28-09-35-29.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	2822037  
Last edited by Onmehedson; 28th June 2014 at 01:28 PM.
28th June 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #12  
bloodsuckingcomputer's Avatar
Senior Member
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 36
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmehedson

Ah...O.K ... I had better turn it off then and maybe my battery will last the whole week...

Now, that is some crazy ass battery life, but, I wonder how long does the screen been turned on? Then I'll get a clearer understanding of it ,if you don't mind .
28th June 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #13  
Kocayine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 166
 
1,165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsuckingcomputer

Now, that is some crazy ass battery life, but, I wonder how long does the screen been turned on? Then I'll get a clearer understanding of it ,if you don't mind .

Must be something like 10-20 minutes, lol.

Regarding "always scanning", I dont think it's something that uses alot of battery. Probably even more battery friendly than other "location" services. Just because it labels WiFi as always on, doesnt mean it uses as much battery as actually being connected to a network. Personally, I don't care for all this location nonsense so it's obviously off. Regarding the location-based wifi, it's only smart if you don't know how to toggle WiFi when leaving your house, etc.
Last edited by Kocayine; 28th June 2014 at 03:12 PM.
28th June 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #14  
Member
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 18
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsuckingcomputer

Now, that is some crazy ass battery life, but, I wonder how long does the screen been turned on? Then I'll get a clearer understanding of it ,if you don't mind .

No probs Bloodsucker !... Screen on 13% of 34 hours = 4.5 hours..This is my everyday day phone.I would consider myself to be a light-medium user , I dont play games used for voice calls ( 5-10 calls), text messages, used as a time piece (checked every 1/2 hour or so), 2 weather apps constantly updating as I move around a lot, GPS always on , bluetooth always on, maybe 1-3 youtube vids a day..screen turns of after 1 mins inactivity...

Running existenz 1.5.5 dark edition on a locked bootloader.. using Next launcher 3D and a live wallpaper...

hope that helps ..
Last edited by Onmehedson; 28th June 2014 at 04:41 PM. Reason: missed summut out
28th June 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #15  
Kocayine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 166
 
1,165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmehedson

No probs Bloodsucker !... Screen on 13% of 34 hours = 4.5 hours..This is my everyday day phone.I would consider myself to be a light-medium user , I dont play games used for voice calls ( 5-10 calls), text messages, used as a time piece (checked every 1/2 hour or so), 2 weather apps constantly updating as I move around a lot, GPS always on , bluetooth always on, maybe 1-3 youtube vids a day..screen turns of after 1 mins inactivity...

Running existenz 1.5.5 dark edition on a locked bootloader.. using Next launcher 3D and a live wallpaper...

hope that helps ..

The phone maxes around 5-6, MAYBE 7 (I've never come near that though), hours of screen on time in total.

The 13% means that 13% of the battery used going from 100% to 72% was from the screen.

Tap "screen" in the list of battery usage and it will tell you how long it has been on.


This one's mine... ca. 70% brightness:
Last edited by Kocayine; 28th June 2014 at 05:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kocayine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #16  
Member
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 18
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocayine

The phone maxes around 5-6, MAYBE 7 (I've never come near that though), hours of screen on time in total.

The 13% means that 13% of the battery used going from 100% to 72% was from the screen.

Thank you sir for the explanation... I thought it couldn`t be right!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes