OP bashme

17th February 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Hi folks.

It's been a while since I was last on XDA Developers site. And once again I need help please!

I cannot install the correct USB drivers for the Xperia Z to my laptop using a USB cable?!

I can connect the USB cable, and the contents of the phone are displayed. However before flashing the current ROM, I could see two storage areas - Internal Memory and SD Card Memory. Now I only see a list of files/folders are root level. I don't think this has anything to do with my USB driver installation problem?

Either Windows 7 does not recognise the USB drivers or I am not using the correct drivers for the Xperia Z (C6603)?

The phone itself works fine.

I have searched this forum and the whole of XDA Developers site and found several solutions, but to no avail. I am on the verge of pulling my hair out (whatever hair I have left, that is)!

I followed several solutions found on XDA Developers.

1. I downloaded and installed the flashtool-drivers.exe, and in the process I selected the required Xperia Z and SO-02E drivers and successfully installed these, however the yellow exclamation mark is still displayed in Device Manager??

2. I also downloaded the Xperia Z drivers from http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/drivers/. Yet still Device Manager displays the yellow exclamation marks under Modems, next to Sony HS-USB Android Modem and under Ports, three entries C6603.

3. I cleaned the registry with CCleaner, but still the yellow exclamation marks are seen in Device Manager.

I don't know where to go from here. Am I doing something wrong? Have I missed something? Am I using the incorrect drivers?? Do I need to start again??

I have attached images of Device Manager, Failed USB installation and Flashtool driver installation.

Phone
Xperia Z (C6603)
Android version 4.2.2
Build: 10.3.A.0.423 (flashed using the flashtool)

Laptop
HP Elitebook 6930p
Windows 7 64-bit

I need your help please!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device manager.jpg
Views:	2687
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	2585113   Click image for larger version

Name:	windows driver installation fail.gif
Views:	1264
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	2585114   Click image for larger version

Name:	flashtool driver install.gif
Views:	1315
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	2585115  
17th February 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bohinjska Bela
Thanks Meter: 75

521 posts
More
there are drivers in flashtool folder
The Following User Says Thank You to indycar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 65

271 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashme

Hi folks.

It's been a while since I was last on XDA Developers site. And once again I need help please!

Ok well go to your device manager and uninstall the xperia z driver,restart your computer and after that install the drivers using the flashtool driver program again
The Following User Says Thank You to Rzr92 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag London

10 posts
More
thanks for the replies guys. Appreciate your advice.

I uninstalled the Xperia Z drivers from Device Manager and restarted my laptop. I then ran the Flashtool-drivers application and installed the relevant drivers, unfortunately the same problem still exists.

Not sure what else to do? May be flash some other ROM, although not sure whether this will have any bearing on the current issue?
Last edited by bashme; 18th February 2014 at 12:12 AM.
18th February 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag London

10 posts
More
Hi folks.

As per my problem above, does anyone have further idea on how to resolve the issue please?

Desperately need help!

;-(
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread