Tip us?

ninetwozero
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Default Wireless & waterproof headphones for the Z

Hey people!

Anyone out there know of a good pair of headphones that are both wireless and waterproof? Would be great to have music in my ears while swimming!

Thanks!

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

StellMonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
I don't think you wanna swim listening to music :P
The Following User Says Thank You to StellMonkey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WendellGnR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellMonkey View Post
Why not? I would like to do it, and I will, once i get my Z ;D ( Unless you tell me that would be a risky thing to do, which i think is not the case )

BTW, I'm looking for some wirelles/waterproof headphones too, so, if anyone knows of a good one, please tell us!

MasK
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Erm.. specs say max 1m for 30mins.
The way I see it.. 1.1m for 1min could kill the device.. BUT I may be wrong. The pressure increases as you go deeper.

I think the water-proofing qualities are best for using when you're wet (showering), cleaning the device, walking in the rain or accidental drop into a puddle of water, etc.

Swimming... hmm..

Visit my blog: www.imraneo.com

Palm m100 | Cassiopeia E-125 | iPaq hp2210 | OČ XphoneII | OČ XDAII Mini | OČ XDA Atom | HP rw6828 | HTC P3300 | HTC Touch Cruise | HTC Touch Diamond | HTC Touch Diamond2 | HTC HD2 |
Samsung Galaxy S | Samsung Galaxy S2 | Galaxy Nexus | HTC Oneˣ | Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE | Sony Xperia Z | Samsung Galaxy S4 | LG G2 D802 | Sony Xperia Z2

WendellGnR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: Wireless & waterproof headphones for the Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasK View Post
The way I see it.. 1.1m for 1min could kill the device.. BUT I may be wrong. The pressure increases as you go deeper.

I think the water-proofing qualities are best for using when you're wet (showering), cleaning the device, walking in the rain or accidental drop into a puddle of water, etc.

Swimming... hmm..
That's true, but as for me, I won't be all the time with the phone inside the pool. Just leave it there in the edge of the pool and go swim hearing your favorite songs ;D

kilabdg
Old
Thanks Meter 9

The Following User Says Thank You to kilabdg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

avs84
Old
(Last edited by avs84; 25th February 2013 at 09:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: Wireless & waterproof headphones for the Z

Buy a dedicated waterproof mp3 player.

Like http://www.sony.nl/product/walkman-mp3-spelers/nwz-w273, or the one from speedo. Will be a lot more comfortable than a full phone. On your arm.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

JoeMBlair
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasK View Post

Swimming... hmm..
I'm pretty sure it could survive depths of over 1 meter and last longer for 30 minutes the only reason they say that is because of how IP ratings works. For a IPX7 rating (which the Xperia Z is rated for) it needs to pas being submerged in water up to 1m for 30 minutes but for the IPX8 it needs to to be continuous immersion in water and depth specified by the manufacturer.

budalica
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default waterproofing

People PLEASE pay attention .
That specific waterproofing is for FRESH WATER ONLY .
You go in salt water , pool water with chlorine or something similar ALL bets are off and so is you warranty !!

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellMonkey View Post
Ha ha ha ha I don't think you want to swim in 1 meter deep water for 30 minutes
Sometimes you have a bad day , sometimes you have a good day . Today is one of them .
The Following User Says Thank You to budalica For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

avetny
Old
Thanks Meter 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilabdg View Post

Hahahaha !