Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,590 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Still worth?

Tip us?

shadowcore
Old
(Last edited by shadowcore; 18th January 2014 at 03:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Default [Q] Still worth?

I have been looking to replace my LG optimus 4x because I want a phone with a better camera.

So, I got interested on this phone because of that, and the sqareish design(I hate the rounded designs of the iphone,Samsung Galaxies and other OEM designs).

I read about this device.

3 questions:

How is the device for you guys? Any sudden deaths, hardware failures, etc?

Is the camera any good?

Are there any custom roms, particulary CM11... I dont care about OEM firmware as they will always lag behind.

Thanks.

Another reason I am interested on this device is its price. Its the second cheapest FULL HD phone out there for me.
I know you guys hold the device dear and such, but sony released the Z1 already, so be honest with me.
My LG does its job well and I am unwilling to switch to a more expensive device that does nothing better than my current phone.

And please, no nexus suggestions, nexus devices have horrible cameras and build qualitiy. I am sort of an anti-nexus guy.

gripfly
Old
(Last edited by gripfly; 18th January 2014 at 04:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcore View Post
How is the device for you guys? Any sudden deaths, hardware failures, etc?

Is the camera any good?

Are there any custom roms, particulary CM11... I dont care about OEM firmware as they will always lag behind.
For me it's just perfect. Since the 4.3 update I do not have much lags. So I do not need a custom ROM.
In low light the camera is bad(like the most other phones, Z1 is I think not that bad in low light but I am not sure). If there is enough light, you can make really good pictures. give a look to this video(focus of the video is in the beginning bad I think^^) and I will attach a pic. Better pictures I never made with this phone(or any other), but I am not a professional in taking pictures

How I said, since the 4.3 update it's really smooth. Maybe it will get more smoother too after the 4.4 update. But there are some custom ROMs. Just give a look to this section:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z/development

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-28 17.13.41.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	2524154

Edit: Give a look to this thread.They know how to take pictures how I see the last comparison pics by vainqueur are damn nice (Y) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2172712

Edit2:
Quote:
And please, no nexus suggestions, nexus devices have horrible cameras and build qualitiy. I am sort of an anti-nexus guy.
You can try it with this smartphone which is like a tank(I call it always tankphone) by NOKIA (just joking, but I think you still know that) :P
CORRECT ME IF I MAKE MISTAKES, I WANNA LEARN THIS LANGUAGE AND IF YOU CAN HELP ME I WILL BE THANKFUL!

thanks

My work:
Xperia Theme | Yamaha R6
Xperia Theme | xda developers