[Q] Still worth?

OP shadowcore

18th January 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Outer Space
Thanks Meter: 71

488 posts
More
I have been looking to replace my LG optimus 4x because I want a phone with a better camera.

So, I got interested on this phone because of that, and the sqareish design(I hate the rounded designs of the iphone,Samsung Galaxies and other OEM designs).

I read about this device.

3 questions:

How is the device for you guys? Any sudden deaths, hardware failures, etc?

Is the camera any good?

Are there any custom roms, particulary CM11... I dont care about OEM firmware as they will always lag behind.

Thanks.

Another reason I am interested on this device is its price. Its the second cheapest FULL HD phone out there for me.
I know you guys hold the device dear and such, but sony released the Z1 already, so be honest with me.
My LG does its job well and I am unwilling to switch to a more expensive device that does nothing better than my current phone.

And please, no nexus suggestions, nexus devices have horrible cameras and build qualitiy. I am sort of an anti-nexus guy.
Last edited by shadowcore; 18th January 2014 at 04:59 PM.
18th January 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 292

815 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcore

How is the device for you guys? Any sudden deaths, hardware failures, etc?

Is the camera any good?

Are there any custom roms, particulary CM11... I dont care about OEM firmware as they will always lag behind.

For me it's just perfect. Since the 4.3 update I do not have much lags. So I do not need a custom ROM.
In low light the camera is bad(like the most other phones, Z1 is I think not that bad in low light but I am not sure). If there is enough light, you can make really good pictures. give a look to this video(focus of the video is in the beginning bad I think^^) and I will attach a pic. Better pictures I never made with this phone(or any other), but I am not a professional in taking pictures

How I said, since the 4.3 update it's really smooth. Maybe it will get more smoother too after the 4.4 update. But there are some custom ROMs. Just give a look to this section:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z/development

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-28 17.13.41.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	2524154

Edit: Give a look to this thread.They know how to take pictures how I see the last comparison pics by vainqueur are damn nice (Y) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2172712

Edit2:
Quote:

And please, no nexus suggestions, nexus devices have horrible cameras and build qualitiy. I am sort of an anti-nexus guy.

You can try it with this smartphone which is like a tank(I call it always tankphone) by NOKIA (just joking, but I think you still know that) :P
Last edited by gripfly; 18th January 2014 at 05:43 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread