FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Q] Xperia z battery draining

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By vk12fe-gr, Junior Member on 21st March 2014, 11:42 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hellow I'm a happy owner of the xperia z for 10 days, but I'm facing fast battery drain when using the phone. When Im just browsing the phone, battery goes down 1% percent every 3~4 minutes... When gaming battery drops 2-3 % every 5 minutes. I need some help, I didnt charge the phone the first time for 8 hours, but i read it is not necessary. I'm rooted, 4.3 jb, doom kernel v21. I have deleted some of the bloatware and i don't have WiFi and data on all the time. Also media server sometimes goes up to 21% in battery usage.
 
 
22nd March 2014, 08:53 AM |#2  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk12fe-gr

Hellow I'm a happy owner of the xperia z for 10 days, but I'm facing fast battery drain when using the phone. When Im just browsing the phone, battery goes down 1% percent every 3~4 minutes... When gaming battery drops 2-3 % every 5 minutes. I need some help, I didnt charge the phone the first time for 8 hours, but i read it is not necessary. I'm rooted, 4.3 jb, doom kernel v21. I have deleted some of the bloatware and i don't have WiFi and data on all the time. Also media server sometimes goes up to 21% in battery usage.

That battery drainage seems normal to me. Playing games needs alot of battery. Battery usage depends on several things, how high is the screen brightness etc.. To your media server: are you listening to music with your phone? Or watching videos? All this is done by media server.
22nd March 2014, 09:05 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90

That battery drainage seems normal to me. Playing games needs alot of battery. Battery usage depends on several things, how high is the screen brightness etc.. To your media server: are you listening to music with your phone? Or watching videos? All this is done by media server.

Some people are reporting 5 hours on screen time. If I game for one hour, i can barely get 3 hours on screen time. My usage is 30 minutes Web, music. For about one hour and a half, gaming 1 hour tops, and some browsing the phone.
22nd March 2014, 09:07 AM |#4  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk12fe-gr

Some people are reporting 5 hours on screen time. If I game for one hour, i can barely get 3 hours on screen time. My usage is 30 minutes Web, music. For about one hour and a half, gaming 1 hour tops, and some browsing the phone.

Stop gaming and you'll see that you will get 5 hours... Playing is what drains your battery that fast
22nd March 2014, 09:20 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90

Stop gaming and you'll see that you will get 5 hours... Playing is what drains your battery that fast

Without gaming, only with Music, some browsing the phone and the Web, I barely get 4 hours on screen time, for example, battery has gone down 6% from my last reply.
22nd March 2014, 09:22 AM |#6  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk12fe-gr

Without gaming, only with Music, some browsing the phone and the Web, I barely get 4 hours on screen time, for example, battery has gone down 6% from my last reply.

Are you using mobile data or wifi? Mobile data needs more battery than wifi. Also what is your screen brightness?
22nd March 2014, 09:27 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90

Are you using mobile data or wifi? Mobile data needs more battery than wifi. Also what is your screen brightness?

Right now my screen brightness is set to 0 and I'm using only WiFi, nfc is on though. I have set the phone to only GSM, data is off.from my last reply i ve lost 2 percent
22nd March 2014, 09:32 AM |#8  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Umm how old is your battery? Are there background apps running?
22nd March 2014, 09:43 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90

Umm how old is your battery? Are there background apps running?

Most times i close some, and.the phone is new.
22nd March 2014, 09:53 AM |#10  
kingvortex's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,806
 
More
1% every 3 minutes or so is not excessive drain. If you do the calculations, then that works out to 300 minutes to fully drain the battery, or 5 hours.
As the phone is new, it will take a few charge cycles for the battery to reach full capacity anyway, so see what the battery life is doing in a week or so.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
22nd March 2014, 10:26 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

1% every 3 minutes or so is not excessive drain. If you do the calculations, then that works out to 300 minutes to fully drain the battery, or 5 hours.
As the phone is new, it will take a few charge cycles for the battery to reach full capacity anyway, so see what the battery life is doing in a week or so.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

As i know is not good to totally drain the battery. For example, i was talking to the phone and had wifi on right now, and my. Battery has gone down 14% in the last thirty minutes. My on screen time is at almost 2 hours, without gaming, and my. Battery level is at 43%
Edit i set screen brightness to 35%, my battery level is 41%. Sometines phone draws 1% every 2 and half minutes.
Last edited by vk12fe-gr; 22nd March 2014 at 10:34 AM. Reason: brightness,battery drain info

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes