Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 44,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia z battery draining

Tip us?

vk12fe-gr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Xperia z battery draining

Hellow I'm a happy owner of the xperia z for 10 days, but I'm facing fast battery drain when using the phone. When Im just browsing the phone, battery goes down 1% percent every 3~4 minutes... When gaming battery drops 2-3 % every 5 minutes. I need some help, I didnt charge the phone the first time for 8 hours, but i read it is not necessary. I'm rooted, 4.3 jb, doom kernel v21. I have deleted some of the bloatware and i don't have WiFi and data on all the time. Also media server sometimes goes up to 21% in battery usage.

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk12fe-gr View Post
Hellow I'm a happy owner of the xperia z for 10 days, but I'm facing fast battery drain when using the phone. When Im just browsing the phone, battery goes down 1% percent every 3~4 minutes... When gaming battery drops 2-3 % every 5 minutes. I need some help, I didnt charge the phone the first time for 8 hours, but i read it is not necessary. I'm rooted, 4.3 jb, doom kernel v21. I have deleted some of the bloatware and i don't have WiFi and data on all the time. Also media server sometimes goes up to 21% in battery usage.
That battery drainage seems normal to me. Playing games needs alot of battery. Battery usage depends on several things, how high is the screen brightness etc.. To your media server: are you listening to music with your phone? Or watching videos? All this is done by media server.

vk12fe-gr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90 View Post
That battery drainage seems normal to me. Playing games needs alot of battery. Battery usage depends on several things, how high is the screen brightness etc.. To your media server: are you listening to music with your phone? Or watching videos? All this is done by media server.
Some people are reporting 5 hours on screen time. If I game for one hour, i can barely get 3 hours on screen time. My usage is 30 minutes Web, music. For about one hour and a half, gaming 1 hour tops, and some browsing the phone.

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Some people are reporting 5 hours on screen time. If I game for one hour, i can barely get 3 hours on screen time. My usage is 30 minutes Web, music. For about one hour and a half, gaming 1 hour tops, and some browsing the phone.
Stop gaming and you'll see that you will get 5 hours... Playing is what drains your battery that fast

vk12fe-gr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Stop gaming and you'll see that you will get 5 hours... Playing is what drains your battery that fast
Without gaming, only with Music, some browsing the phone and the Web, I barely get 4 hours on screen time, for example, battery has gone down 6% from my last reply.

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Without gaming, only with Music, some browsing the phone and the Web, I barely get 4 hours on screen time, for example, battery has gone down 6% from my last reply.
Are you using mobile data or wifi? Mobile data needs more battery than wifi. Also what is your screen brightness?

vk12fe-gr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Are you using mobile data or wifi? Mobile data needs more battery than wifi. Also what is your screen brightness?
Right now my screen brightness is set to 0 and I'm using only WiFi, nfc is on though. I have set the phone to only GSM, data is off.from my last reply i ve lost 2 percent

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Umm how old is your battery? Are there background apps running?
"We're here for a good time, not a long time" - Colin McRae
You can't control the wind, but you can set your sails
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” - Mark Twain

vk12fe-gr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Umm how old is your battery? Are there background apps running?
Most times i close some, and.the phone is new.

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 2,283
1% every 3 minutes or so is not excessive drain. If you do the calculations, then that works out to 300 minutes to fully drain the battery, or 5 hours.
As the phone is new, it will take a few charge cycles for the battery to reach full capacity anyway, so see what the battery life is doing in a week or so.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk