How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Xperia z battery draining

OP vk12fe-gr

22nd March 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Hellow I'm a happy owner of the xperia z for 10 days, but I'm facing fast battery drain when using the phone. When Im just browsing the phone, battery goes down 1% percent every 3~4 minutes... When gaming battery drops 2-3 % every 5 minutes. I need some help, I didnt charge the phone the first time for 8 hours, but i read it is not necessary. I'm rooted, 4.3 jb, doom kernel v21. I have deleted some of the bloatware and i don't have WiFi and data on all the time. Also media server sometimes goes up to 21% in battery usage.
22nd March 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #2  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 141

608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk12fe-gr

Hellow I'm a happy owner of the xperia z for 10 days, but I'm facing fast battery drain when using the phone. When Im just browsing the phone, battery goes down 1% percent every 3~4 minutes... When gaming battery drops 2-3 % every 5 minutes. I need some help, I didnt charge the phone the first time for 8 hours, but i read it is not necessary. I'm rooted, 4.3 jb, doom kernel v21. I have deleted some of the bloatware and i don't have WiFi and data on all the time. Also media server sometimes goes up to 21% in battery usage.

That battery drainage seems normal to me. Playing games needs alot of battery. Battery usage depends on several things, how high is the screen brightness etc.. To your media server: are you listening to music with your phone? Or watching videos? All this is done by media server.
22nd March 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90

That battery drainage seems normal to me. Playing games needs alot of battery. Battery usage depends on several things, how high is the screen brightness etc.. To your media server: are you listening to music with your phone? Or watching videos? All this is done by media server.

Some people are reporting 5 hours on screen time. If I game for one hour, i can barely get 3 hours on screen time. My usage is 30 minutes Web, music. For about one hour and a half, gaming 1 hour tops, and some browsing the phone.
22nd March 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #4  
Flag Frankfurt

608 posts
More
Quote:

Some people are reporting 5 hours on screen time. If I game for one hour, i can barely get 3 hours on screen time. My usage is 30 minutes Web, music. For about one hour and a half, gaming 1 hour tops, and some browsing the phone.

Stop gaming and you'll see that you will get 5 hours... Playing is what drains your battery that fast
22nd March 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:

Stop gaming and you'll see that you will get 5 hours... Playing is what drains your battery that fast

Without gaming, only with Music, some browsing the phone and the Web, I barely get 4 hours on screen time, for example, battery has gone down 6% from my last reply.
22nd March 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #6  
Flag Frankfurt

608 posts
More
Quote:

Without gaming, only with Music, some browsing the phone and the Web, I barely get 4 hours on screen time, for example, battery has gone down 6% from my last reply.

Are you using mobile data or wifi? Mobile data needs more battery than wifi. Also what is your screen brightness?
22nd March 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:

Are you using mobile data or wifi? Mobile data needs more battery than wifi. Also what is your screen brightness?

Right now my screen brightness is set to 0 and I'm using only WiFi, nfc is on though. I have set the phone to only GSM, data is off.from my last reply i ve lost 2 percent
22nd March 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #8  
Flag Frankfurt

608 posts
More
Umm how old is your battery? Are there background apps running?
22nd March 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:

Umm how old is your battery? Are there background apps running?

Most times i close some, and.the phone is new.
22nd March 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 2,925

4,014 posts
More
1% every 3 minutes or so is not excessive drain. If you do the calculations, then that works out to 300 minutes to fully drain the battery, or 5 hours.
As the phone is new, it will take a few charge cycles for the battery to reach full capacity anyway, so see what the battery life is doing in a week or so.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread