Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more
Post Reply

[Q] Xperia z battery draining

OP vk12fe-gr

21st March 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Hellow I'm a happy owner of the xperia z for 10 days, but I'm facing fast battery drain when using the phone. When Im just browsing the phone, battery goes down 1% percent every 3~4 minutes... When gaming battery drops 2-3 % every 5 minutes. I need some help, I didnt charge the phone the first time for 8 hours, but i read it is not necessary. I'm rooted, 4.3 jb, doom kernel v21. I have deleted some of the bloatware and i don't have WiFi and data on all the time. Also media server sometimes goes up to 21% in battery usage.
22nd March 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #2  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 141
 
598 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk12fe-gr

Hellow I'm a happy owner of the xperia z for 10 days, but I'm facing fast battery drain when using the phone. When Im just browsing the phone, battery goes down 1% percent every 3~4 minutes... When gaming battery drops 2-3 % every 5 minutes. I need some help, I didnt charge the phone the first time for 8 hours, but i read it is not necessary. I'm rooted, 4.3 jb, doom kernel v21. I have deleted some of the bloatware and i don't have WiFi and data on all the time. Also media server sometimes goes up to 21% in battery usage.

That battery drainage seems normal to me. Playing games needs alot of battery. Battery usage depends on several things, how high is the screen brightness etc.. To your media server: are you listening to music with your phone? Or watching videos? All this is done by media server.
22nd March 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90

That battery drainage seems normal to me. Playing games needs alot of battery. Battery usage depends on several things, how high is the screen brightness etc.. To your media server: are you listening to music with your phone? Or watching videos? All this is done by media server.

Some people are reporting 5 hours on screen time. If I game for one hour, i can barely get 3 hours on screen time. My usage is 30 minutes Web, music. For about one hour and a half, gaming 1 hour tops, and some browsing the phone.
22nd March 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #4  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 141
 
598 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk12fe-gr

Some people are reporting 5 hours on screen time. If I game for one hour, i can barely get 3 hours on screen time. My usage is 30 minutes Web, music. For about one hour and a half, gaming 1 hour tops, and some browsing the phone.

Stop gaming and you'll see that you will get 5 hours... Playing is what drains your battery that fast
22nd March 2014, 09:20 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90

Stop gaming and you'll see that you will get 5 hours... Playing is what drains your battery that fast

Without gaming, only with Music, some browsing the phone and the Web, I barely get 4 hours on screen time, for example, battery has gone down 6% from my last reply.
22nd March 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #6  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 141
 
598 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk12fe-gr

Without gaming, only with Music, some browsing the phone and the Web, I barely get 4 hours on screen time, for example, battery has gone down 6% from my last reply.

Are you using mobile data or wifi? Mobile data needs more battery than wifi. Also what is your screen brightness?
22nd March 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90

Are you using mobile data or wifi? Mobile data needs more battery than wifi. Also what is your screen brightness?

Right now my screen brightness is set to 0 and I'm using only WiFi, nfc is on though. I have set the phone to only GSM, data is off.from my last reply i ve lost 2 percent
22nd March 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #8  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 141
 
598 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Umm how old is your battery? Are there background apps running?
22nd March 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90

Umm how old is your battery? Are there background apps running?

Most times i close some, and.the phone is new.
22nd March 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #10  
kingvortex's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 2,504
 
3,598 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
1% every 3 minutes or so is not excessive drain. If you do the calculations, then that works out to 300 minutes to fully drain the battery, or 5 hours.
As the phone is new, it will take a few charge cycles for the battery to reach full capacity anyway, so see what the battery life is doing in a week or so.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes