5,600,664 Members 37,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z Battery Issues Discussion Thread

Tip us?

cosmicexplorer
Old
(Last edited by ApriliaM3; 8th August 2013 at 11:16 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation Xperia Z Battery Issues Discussion Thread

There is only one thing that I find really important in any mobile phone: battery life.

Please post the battery benchmarks and real world experience with battery life in this topic. I am especially interested how it compares with the Samsung Galaxy SIII, HTC One X(+) and Apple iPhone 5 in normal day use.
The Following User Says Thank You to cosmicexplorer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brizzle7
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Agree. I'd be very interested in hearing this. Everyone raved about the S3's battery life and I found it really average.
The Following User Says Thank You to brizzle7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stevan Dj
Old
Thanks Meter 903
i think the battery life will not be very good thought the XZ have FHD screen

TheKingOfPain
Old
Thanks Meter 30
A good italian reviewer said that the battery life lasts only 10-11 hours under heavy usage WITH Stamina mode on, LTE and HSPA+ turned off and push notifications on via 3G from mail, Whatsapp and a couple more apps (you can decide which app has the permission to keep on running even in Stamina Mode). He also says that the LTE module kinda warm the device under stress, the viewing angles kinda suck and that there are mini lags in the UI (problem solved using Nova Launcher).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheKingOfPain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samxool
Old
Thanks Meter 26
you can disagree with me all you like.
but to me, there are far too many problems with this phone, and like i say, i think it is outdated tech.
there will be a lot of disappointed people out there.
and battery life is by far and away terrible on this phone.
i've used it.
i can guarantee you will be charging this phone up every 4 hours, unless you know, you don't want to have the screen on at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samxool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

recklesslife85
Old
(Last edited by recklesslife85; 17th February 2013 at 11:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxool View Post
you can disagree with me all you like.
but to me, there are far too many problems with this phone, and like i say, i think it is outdated tech.
there will be a lot of disappointed people out there.
and battery life is by far and away terrible on this phone.
i've used it.
i can guarantee you will be charging this phone up every 4 hours, unless you know, you don't want to have the screen on at all.
Yes because you have clearly used the phone. Think I'll believe my own hands on with the device with the half hour I had and the battery life wasn't that bad. If you want bad battery life then go use the Nexus 4 or One X - The One will be the same. Go back over to the Samsung forums with the rest of the mindless sheep. Samsung fans are no different from Apple ones.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to recklesslife85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RCJ89
Old
Thanks Meter 198
I tried out phone calls in the three store today nothing wrong with it atall.
Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S5 Black 16gb

Previous owned Favourite phones:
HTC One X white 32gb
HTC One S Black 16gb
HTC Sensation XE Black
Samsung Galaxy S2 Black 16gb
Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC Silver
The Following User Says Thank You to RCJ89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Al Gore
Old
Thanks Meter 63
So, any real battery tests by users?

xl VipeR lx
Old
(Last edited by kangi26; 18th February 2013 at 06:22 AM.) Reason: Cleaning thread
Thanks Meter 2330

DONATE TO ME
Battery life is Decent,
Screen according to the Docomo units and xiFIL is brilliant and nothing to be ashamed of, Viewing angles as proved in the Xperia Z screen discussion thread is not much oof a problem, although samxool likes to look at his phone sideways
Battery is replaceable, just give it to Sony within the 2 years and they will change it for you if seomthing goes wrong, failing that i am sure guides will pop up how to remove the back cover
terrible phone quality, DO NOt judge a phone when you have never used it,

HTC M7 HAD to be clocked higher with the SAME processor as Sense is laggy and slows the phone down,
Samsung octa core propoganda clearly got to you, its 4 + 4 processor, two quads, they do not work together, only one quadcore will be active at any time,
|HTC One Silver ||ROM: Stock ||KERNEL: Stock

|Previous Devices: HTC Touch HD, HD2, Xperia X10, Desire HD, Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC ONE X, Xperia Z|

|CLICK HERE FOR MY XPERIA Z [NOOBS GUIDE] Create your own stock firmware FTF & Flashtool flashing guide[+ pics]|
|CLICK HERE FOR MY HTC SENSATION GUIDE TO S-OFF,(noobproof)|
|If you feel like buying me a Drink CLICK HERE
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xl VipeR lx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kangi26
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1422
Out of all of the posts here, none had anything to do with the thread. It was all off topic. PLEASE guys, if someone says something that gets under your skin, don't respond to it, report it. Or just move on to another thread

Cleaned thread. Lets stay on topic

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kangi26 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]